Dummy Bots not spawning?

So I have made a gamemode where there’s 4 players in a FFA that have to level up to a certain level by slaying “monsters” (just coded dummy bots). However, after this new update, for some reason none of them are spawning during the game. They’ll spawn before the match, but as soon as it starts, they disappear. Are there any reasons for this?

Try to press your TAB key in game to check if theyre still there, if they are, it might mean they got moved to another location., If they’re not, then you have to use your workshop inspector to see what’s trying to cause that, if you see nothing causing that problem, then thats the time where you can consider it being a bug

1 Like

To be honest, this sounds similar to what’s happening with the default bots on Junkertown (bots on defense) and Ilios, where 3 bots are missing (Junkertown) and 1 bot (Ilios).

Off-topic: The Sigma event broke the bots on Volskaya and Anubis and made them wander around on defense, but this patch/Tracer event fixed the bug (no mention in the patch notes), yet has broken their spawns somehow.
Actually, ever since Retribution 2018, the default bots have been getting worse and more broken.

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply. When I look into the scoreboard, I can see the 8 slots filled, but their hero icon is blank (silhouette with the ?) and their names aren’t there. One of the bots has a beam attach effect when you get near it, but now it’s always attached and pointing towards (0,0,0). What I think might be happening is that I’m applying a rule to them that is disallowing players from picking heroes dummy bots are playing as when it should just apply to players. Thanks for the feedback.

Edit: Thought I would add the fact that my script is pretty hefty, so looking for the action that’s causing the problem in the inspector would be nearly impossible as there’s hundreds of actions per second.

1 Like

Ahhh if it’s pointing to 0, 0, 0, then it might mean that one of the variables you’re using, whether player variable or global variable is still blank yet, like it has no set value yet, OR the value you set for your variable isn’t applicable which will result on it being blank. I often get those stuff too where out of nowhere, all of the effects i did are at 0, 0, 0, It’s easily resolvable if you would create the effect in the same rule where that variable gets a set value or number. If my wild guesses aren’t right then I wish you the best of luck on finding a way around it!