Dual Monitor Freezing

Hi, wasn’t sure whether to put this in bug support or technical, so just rolled with the more likely one.
I’ve recently gotten a second monitor and use overwatch on it (240hz Acer KG—) and I’ve noticed that my second monitor’s display freezes while playing overwatch. It doesn’t seem to happen with any other games (We Happy Few, Bloons TD Battles to name a couple). It’s frustrating when I want to read a discord chat between deaths/queues or watch the music video for a song.

Would like to fix this in case anyone else has had this issue or if it’s just me. My system is capable of running (RAM is not an issue in the slightest; highest usage while playing OW with chrome/firefox + discord open is 9GB out of 16GB. GPU is RX 580 8GB and temps are fine. CPU is Ryzen 5 2600 so should have no problem with processing. I’m honestly stumped.

Does this issue occur in both Windowed and Fullscreen mode?

It is in Windowed mode, once I get time to play a round I’ll test out fullscreen/windowed fullscreen and get back to you, thanks :slight_smile:

EDIT:
So Fullscreen just doesn’t work; secondary monitor flickers while main monitor just stays blank (tried different cable/ports on GPU). Border less windowed mode is the same deal with windowed. Display drivers are updated, game is updated and launcher is updated. Honestly no clue what’s wrong.

Make sure you have the monitor you want the game to appear on set as the primary in the GPU settings AND in Overwatch instead of Best Match.

1 Like

huh something I didn’t think of. Fixed it instantly!

1 Like