DragonStrike Console Stuck in Free Trial

Was this ever fixed? I just downloaded the trial after not playing Overwatch for over a year and decided to buy a cheap copy I found on Amazon and it wouldn’t even run the disk. I uninstalled the free trial game and tried to download the legendary edition disc I bought but nothing happens when I put the disc in.

Is the console not registering that there is a disk in the drive? That may indicate a scratched disk.

If the disk is registering but not installing for another reason, there should generally be an error code of some kind if it fails to install.

Let us know so we may help further investigate the issue.

It registered the disc but it won’t launch the game through inserting the disc. It will only launch my game by going to my game library and selecting it. Which immediately brings me to the “Play trial” screen. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled but it still does the same thing. It’s essentially locked into the trial version of the game. When I go into the game I’m locked out of comp because it still thinks I’m playing the trial version. Who knows what’s gonna happen when the trial is up on Wednesday.

DragonStrike,

That unfortunately suggests that your disc may be damaged. You should try reinstalling any local data you have to see if that fixes things. Don’t worry about your account progress, we keep that local. Other than that, you’ll need to buy a replacement disc/exchange that one as defective if you purchased it recently, or repurchase the game online.

The game is brand new and works perfect fine in both my friends consoles. It has nothing to do with the disc it has to do with the fact that my account thinks I only have a trial version of the game even though I purchased a disc after installing the free trial. The only way I can get it to work is by launching the disc via my other profile and then switching profiles at the main menu and even with that I sometimes get the “something went wrong” error

That’s interesting. We’re not able to see your console account details on our end unfortunately but if the game works in other consoles that does sound like an account license issue. My best advice for you would be to contact Playstation or XBox support to see if maybe the copy you got was for a different region or if there’s a license issue with your console account. They should be able to troubleshoot any license problems with the account itself.