Dragons narrator should be a new character

Dang but u know genji soldier etc were also assumed dead so u never know

Genji wasn’t assumed dead, only by his brother and the clan, Overwatch knew he was alive obviously.

Although how did Hanzo not see the news report about Blackwatch exposure during Retribution? That’s clearly Genji in one of the slides.

Mom? Momma Hong baby <3

Well, Hanzo did assume he had sliced Genji to ribbons, the last thing he would expect to see is Genji decked out in Cybernetics, he probably didn’t recognize him because most of his body WAS and still is robotic

3 Likes

Genji’s face is clearly for the most part covered, although Hanzo seemed to be able to tell it was Genji in Dragons just fine.

Like how could he not even stop and think for a moment “Hmph, looks like Genji” or something? Not even the fact that said cyborg has cuts all over his arms or has a direct slice connecting to the cybernetics where he sliced Genji?

Well remember, before Genji showed Hanzo his face, he used the Blade on him, and told him things that only Genji would know. Of course, as Hanzo said, “Only a Shimada can control the Dragons.”

Of course, there’s always the possibility Hanzo DIDNT see the report

While yeah, he may not have, I’d have to question how he didn’t see reports of a covert-ops group that was part of a major organization protecting the world? It’d be all over the news to the point where you can’t escape it.

I mean, there’s also the issue of Genji looking completely different from his Blackwatch skin, which looks different from his Young Genji skin…

Meanwhile, Genji himself showing his face, after just using a dragon…

I’m speaking of back in the “Archives Era” of around 7-8 years ago Overwatch time.

Yes, I’m aware.

Young Genji looks completely different from Blackwatch Genji, which also looks completely different from Default Genji.

Blurry photos versus a face-to-face reveal… plus Hanzo seeing his dragons manipulated, and Genji saying he was his brother…

Genji was most likely “killed” when he was in his Sparrow-Era, hence why his hair is black and not green in the Blackwatch Skin.

I know blurry photos vs a face to face reveal is pretty hard to compare, but I just wish that Hanzo maybe had a little spark in his head, an inkling, something, when and if he saw that photo.

It’d be highly coincidental that you murder your brother and just a year or two later you see a high jumping cybernetic ninja with the exact cuts that were left behind from your slashes of a sword, not to mention he also bears two blades, a trademark of Genji.

I’d be expecting at least a “Hmph, that kind of reminds me of Genji…no…impossible.” type response.

I mean, he’s not specifically ninja looking in a still photo, not to mention he was caught in a photo…

Bearing two blades is actually not specific to Genji – in general, having a katana and wakizashi as a pair is a standard kit/sign of a samurai/swordsman.

Genji’s not entirely unique for having it, and every yakuza clan has to have some sort of rivaling clan to fight against.

True, just wishful thinking I guess.

Hanzo Is the narrator of the Dragons short.

Sojiro is the narrator of the Dragons short.

Chu confirmed.

So… why is it the same voice actor then? And the fact that Chu says contradicting things.

Also, where did he say this? Source?

1 Like

It’s not the same voice actor.

Sojiro is voiced by Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa .

And Chu confirmed in a dev post.

Alright, that’s cool. Good to know so I won’t tell people wrong.

Still gonna headcanon it’s Hanzo for myself.

How would you get Hanzo from the narration, just curious?

The Narrators voice is much deeper than Hanzos.

1 Like

Malthael’s voice is deeper and it’s the same VA.

1 Like