Dps matchmaking still bad

the dps matchmaking is an absolute dumpsterfire. They need to fix this.

6 Likes

I think all of the matchmaking is still pretty dumpster fireish.

I wonder if they will keep the few people working on the matchmaker, I expect more than most they have a VERY easy time moving to other companies, or other professions.

Keeping matchmaker coders, when fintech uses similar systems is “difficult” because of the massive pay gradient.

2 Likes

its probably “queue times” are the ultimate priority with the matchmaker. dont want those GM streamers waiting 30 minutes for a game. advertisement, skins and $$$

personally i dont mind. i do like fast queue times but maybe thats the reason for when i get stomped. higher elo players i go against when i have a win streak heh.

1 Like

Aren’t all the roles bad at this point?

2 Likes

I mean if I was blizzard I would fire every dude in charge of matchmaking in an instant . These guys are totally talentless .

5 Likes

The game is in the worst state I have ever seen it. It’s is absolutely unplayable

4 Likes

I suspect you don’t understand the complexities of matchmaking, or what they are being told to do.

It is REAL easy to stand on the side lines and throw shade at things you have never tried to build yourself. Matchmakers are hard to build, they are hard to tune.

They couldn’t keep their previous matchmaker coders. If you keep losing them, how will you ever get anywhere?

4 Likes

nah, heals and tanks are fairly balanced, but the dps matchmaking is just gumming everything up right now. If one team has bad dps, healers get swept and its a domino effect.

2 Likes

watching dafran at the moment. he had tweets that the new changes are making high rank players have to wait 15 mintues and he said im just gonna start doing unranked to GM streams. thats hilarious really lol

if you think about it, a competitive online game is weird that if you get better and become the best at the game you get punished by long queue times.

1 Like

Yeah that was funny

The game is dying

Yes, there is a tradeoff between quality of matchmaking and the speed which it can make it happen.

If you stop GM players showing up in other ranks games, it means it has to wait for GM players to be matched with GM players.

This is the problem with matchmaking, you will NEVER get people happy. Because you can’t.

Weird comment given it has more players than it had in OW1.

Uhhhh those numbers are temporary

This game is just fancy artwork

You will realize soon enough

It is still one of the most popular games of all times.

People have been positing that it has been dying forever, and it just isn’t.

You’re clearly dealing with sunken cost fallacy

This game is cringe in so many ways. It’s an absolute embarrassment to say you even play this game

Nope, I am just blessed with understand the game industry, and can actually understand that people complaining about a game, means the game is alive.

And I also understand that even if I am not enjoying a game, it doesn’t make the game a failure.

People are playing in huge numbers, they are killing it on financials, and while they seem to be unable to understand how to keep their devs, they are not losing the players any time soon.

WOW had people saying it was dying every year. It is one of the games which has made the most of any game in existence.

You lack perspective.

So, fortnite was the same. How much has that made? Is that the sound of it being one of the most popular games ever?

Fortnite generated $5.8 billion revenue in 2021, we don’t have the numbers for 2022.

I don’t think you can really understand how successful that game has been, also, to note, that is the most it has ever made of any year up to that point.

All this time, people saying it is cringe, and dying.

it really is, I used to play all night, drink some beers, it was great - now I cant bring myself to play more than a couple of games before rage quitting and shutting it down.

2 Likes

And yet, far far more people are now at the stage of playing all night, and drinking their beer.

Just because the magic is gone for you, it doesn’t mean many many more people have picked it up.

See fortnite. I stopped playing years ago. But, it is still wildly successful. Why? because there is more new players to replace the old ones.

Found the blizz employee

Nope, but I have worked in the game industry, and know how it operates.

You cannot compare Overwatch 2 to Fortnite hanahahhahhsha ow2 is silver 5 Fortnite is gm2

1 Like