DPS Are Pushed Out of The Meta Because Everyone Does Their Job

Plenty of dps also have small hit boxes, even ones that shrink when they jump

Mobility, that takes her away from her enemy and can only be used when she’s not looking at an enemy. Also like I said, it’s not on command it’s only usable if she can find a teammate

There are plenty of projectiles larger, not to mention that they are slow and do low damage

As I said, she’s below EVERY dps (other than sym, (only primary))

Huh? I wonder why? Probably because rein isn’t meant to kill, zarya should be at least 30% charged, Winston is a busier, and brig is a healer. Not to mention, ALMOST ALL OF THEM HAVE MOBILITY, LARGE HEALTH POOLS, SELF HEALING, OR OTHER OFFENSIVE OPTIONS! Symmetra has a low ttk for a reason, she’s utility.

Okay but it’s fine for dps to have this? Supports have this because they can’t protect themselves, if a mercy fends off a dps then either the dps failed or mercy succeeded. I’m sorry that you want the game to be dps killing everyone and supports to just be an accessory/free kill

Okay. So first (as I’ve said) dps have damage to protect themselves, supports have small hit boxes and mobility to protect themselves.
Also…
Genji
Phara
Tracer
(yes pharah has a bigger hit box but she also has damage to protect herself)

1 Like

The true culprit is lucio speed boost. Withought speed boost tanks cant get into range to ram reinharts hammer into your face

1 Like

Pharah is not small, Genji has the smallest projectiles in the game (tied with hanzo) and Tracer does not have any projectile aim forgiveness. Name someone with bigger non-explosive, non-ability projectiles. I’ll wait.

Yes but pharah has damage to protect herself with.

Tracer can easily do more damage than mercy

Sorces for genji? (also as I’ve said he (at close ranges) can do ridiculous burst, and he has a sheild that hurts people)

Trying to argue that mercy is better than dps heros at well… Dps’ing is really stupid because she obviously isn’t

It’s more than that.

Supports are really strong, and they work better with high health pool heroes.
Winston and Reinhardt damage cannot be blocked.
Tanks like Dva Zarya and Roadhog also do more damage than most dps heroes.

Valkyrie Mercy is super scary.

1 Like

Good thing no one ever said that then. You are arguing with yourself I guess.

Of course they have more damage, they are dps. That doesn’t mean that Mercy doesn’t have a lot going for her in a fight though.

Alright Ms. Widow main.

Yes mercy can kill things while in Valk but the issue is that when she does said things
she’s not healing dps don’t need to worry about their team dying, mercy could go and try to dps but while she does her team is getting no healing from her

Mercy is NOT going to win in a 1v1 with a dps. If she does win then the dps messed up. They failed.
If a dps dives mercy and mercy fends them off… Good because that’s what’s meant to happen, the game isn’t for dps to kill everyone first try. If that’s what you want? Play a single player shooter game on easy mode

Your team also doesn’t need healing if the enemy team is dead.
Valkyrie lasts 15s, you have plenty of time to choose what do you want to do during it.

No one is going to kill the entire enemy team with Valk. That’s Illogical and won’t happen often. With Valk your job is to heal! And your more effective healing.

Mercy DOES win 1v1s with dps though. I don’t know the percentage and neither do you. You can say it’s because the dps messed up, but the fact is that mercy has a more forgiving weapon than just about any dps. Reduce Mercy pistol rounds to the size of Genji’s and there won’t be a problem.

Or you could kill a Widowmaker, instead of leaving her free firing, possibly getting multiple picks.

1 Like

The only tanks that take away DPS jobs are the off tanks because they’re just fat DPS to begin with.
Moira and Bridget are just annoying with their damage but if you good at your job, you kan 1v1 them and win.

A good dps can carve their own place

1 Like

No, it’s because the dps messed up. They dived her and died, they could have ran before they died or they could have killed her.

If mercy lives that’s because mercy won, and she’s only winning / dps’ing when someone dives her. There is no other situation where she should be fighting

You don’t understand how mercy uses Valk…

Mercy uses Valk before or as her team is taking a lot of damage, if mercy was to leave her team they would die very fast as they lack healing. In the time it would take for mercy to kill that widowmaker one of her teammates could die, and trading your off healer for a widow is a bad trade, as now you only have mercy healing and Valk (optimistically) only has 10 seconds left. Only enough time to heal roadhog to max health

And if she doesn’t kill the Widowmaker she could kill people, including you.
It’s a trade off, that’s nowhere near as clear cut as you make it out to be.
And why are you exactly ulting to heal a Roadhog back to full?

1 Like

I don’t think all Mercy’s got your strategy guide. Nor do you seem to understand that you can’t always escape.

I noticed that almost all metas are driven by tanks so I kind of agree with you. There was triple tank awhile ago, then there was dive which had D.va and Winston, now we have goats, all of them are driven by 2 or more tanks and few if no dps at all. dps stand absolutely no chance against goats. What are they supposed to do against 3 heroes with more than twice their health with similar damage and ways of avoiding the damage from the dps? Pretty much nothing. The dps role is becoming a niche.

3 Likes

Are they a counter to goats, because usually it’s Lucio speed boosting D.va Rein and Roadhog into the dps. No amount of damage is going to kill them fast enough through the protection health and hopfully just not dying before they do.

I’m just pointing out that she can actually kill well. Because 100Dps, more with headshots, is fairly good. Especially when you have unlimited ammo and can fly around, constantly healing as you go. Mercy ult best DPS ult.

1 Like