DPC Watchdog Violation - Crashing Windows Consistently

I’ve seen older threads on this, but there’s been driver releases that have addressed the earlier issues with Nvidia Broadcaster, which seems to be unrelated to the current issue I’m facing. OW will freeze first, then 15-20 seconds after, Windows locks up and I can’t seem to produce the exact logs find out what’s happening from the Windows System Events, but the BSOD produced after the Windows lockup is a DPC Watchdog Violation. I have a GTX 2080 SUPER, and here’s the pastebin to my DxDiag (I can’t interpret the events at the bottom in full).

DxDiag Pastebin

This has been mainly an issue since beginning of May, been getting a lot of leaver penalties to where I can’t queue. This mainly is happening in OW, games like Fortnite or Valorant aren’t producing this error.

Edit: steps taken -

1. Updated drivers, and rolled back after getting flashing black screens while G-Sync enabled
  2. Ran Windows Updates
  3. Ran SFC /scannow from command prompt
  4. Ran DDU to completely re-install Nvidia Drivers that were last release prior to issues I was experiencing
  5. Re-Installed Overwatch
  6. Re-seated Graphics Card and dusted tower.

Edit 2:

I believe I fixed the issue for now, turns out, two services were creating conflicts:

• Razer Cortex (updated, seemed to even things out)
  • OVRServiceLauncher (disabled while running Overwatch, seems to also have fix)

I idled in training mode for close to two hours with no issues, updated drivers, works well.

Edit 3:

Playing with Chrome running YouTube in the background crashes it similarly, still working on getting that fixed just cuz I like to play with music. Any suggestions??

Not sure what’s causing Edit 3’s issue, but the DxDiag report pointed out that some of your USB devices weren’t functioning properly. I’m guessing the Razer issues were related to that?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.