Download speed weirdly slow

ok but it is necessary that my speed have to drop to 14kbps? lol

and then 10 secs later back to 10 kbps

13 gb download lol for an event…the hell, its a whole game…
are you serious?

Why not just do what every other launcher does and either say this or install after the download? Is this more efficient

21GB download? Ugh. Couldn’t you have just Sent us a 18GB encrypted payload ahead of time, and then the remainder and the decryption key on the day?

2 Likes

It’s been 2 1/2 hours and I still have 4GB to go. What a complete disaster of a release.

I’ve been downloading this patch for at least 7 hours, and I still have 2GB to go. It just flatlines periodically and even when it “speeds up” I’m lucky to hit 400 kb/s when I’m normally around 800 kb/s.

I really wish they’d done something to mitigate this- normally I wouldn’t care if I missed a day of OW, but losing a day out of a limited-time event sucks. I have friends who never play actually showing up as being in game, and I can’t play with them because Blizzard didn’t seem to consider/care that not everyone can live someplace with blazing internet speeds.

this is not the case for me, it is not downloading AT ALL, I’ve been downloading for 4 hours contacted your customer services but have had no reply for 3 hours

Edit: what i mean is that its downloading at 0 B/s im aware that this is a visual glitch but going through multiple fixes that have worked for other people still leaves my game unable to update

Same here. :face_with_monocle:

Was this info included in the latest client update patchnotes that I missed or something? And what are the benefits of a download then decompress cycle over continuously downloading and decompressing simultaneously?

Recommend pinning this to the top of the forums because it took me about 20 minutes of searching to find this comment.
Was severely agitating me seeing it downloading at 5B/s when my regular internet DL speed is upwards of 80mb/s…
Thanks for the info.

Same here :frowning: 367 b/s download speed…

The issue isn’t just Overwatch, it’s also happening with Hearthstone. Both downloads have suffered with extremely slow downloads yesterday and today. It’s nothing to do with the size of the Overwatch patch, or at least little to do with it. 16.92KB/s currently.

I have really good internet but the installment took about an hour on Tuesday. I just assumed it’s a really huge update due to the changes and event.

Same thing… please fix…

I suggest that you guys change the verbiage when it is not actually downloading anything, but is instead installing. This is misleading to the customer, and it not apparent whatsoever.

I have a 1gbps connection, and it doesnt take more than few minutes to download HUGE games and get them installed. But it takes hours to patch OW? Makes a lot of sense…

It was a sarcasm lol

It won’t be a problem in Steam…

2 Likes