Download speed weirdly slow

The size on PS4 says it’s 21 GB

And for me it’s still downloading

Downloadspeed:

Steam: 25 mb/s
Blizzard: 5 kb/s - 2 mb/s

… nice

7 Likes

been an hour already and it barely got half of it done…

1 Like

wouldn’t it be more convenient to uninstall then redownload the game? I mean the update size is as big as the whole game so might as well not stress the cpu with defraging and patching and just download a fresh updated copy.

2 Likes

They could at least have released the update a few hours earlier if the download takes longer than the downloads of the last 5 events combined.

2 Likes

After relaunch downloading this thing again got 5 or 0 b/s. And really why this update so large?

1 Like

The fact that my 150 mb/s internet can’t download faster than 5 b/s is because of their servers. It’s not because it’s downloading at the same time guys, it’s that their server is overloaded at the moment.

I thought it was just cheap campus wifi…

If your on ps4 it downloads faster if you don’t have any applications running mi amigo

Download is definitely moving faster than 2B/s that it says

It says but it’s still extremely slow

Mid-update the GB went down from 21 to 6.081GB and the wait time was at 56 and went up to 75…why did this happen?

They should do updates by regions.I have Fios 150mb and my download is 1bps.What a joke.

1 Like

i’m late to the news… was about to blame my ISP :-p

thx for the heads up! will keep it in mind for future patches.

I’ve been downloading since the update came out here, over two hours ago

currently at 5.54gb remaining with varying speeds from 90 B/s to only up to 500 B/s

for about two and a half hours. people saying “wait an extra 10 mins lol you impatient people”

its got to be broken. people have it downloaded and playing right now. if not broken, its extremely inconvenient. There’s this big update I just want, I don’t care that you’re adding the new checkpoint in blizzard world. I don’t want to play blizzard world, I want this new event.

Why couldn’t this have been done before?

Here’s me pressing play and pause the entire time to keep it going :upside_down_face:

3 hours later I still have 1gb to go…wth? Why didnt you guys let us pre download it like normal? Piss poor release imo

this download is going to take me at least 10 hours, why isnt pre downloading a thing?

So I’ve figured out if you keep pausing and unpausing it will go back up to 5 mbps.

No its not, mine started at around 10 MB/s and now its down to less than 100 B/s lol.