Doomfist's fist should not one shot: a thought

Doomfist doesn’t even have one, his punch requires a wall to deal more damage. Technically it’s a two-shot kill.

2 Likes

Dude, a combo doesn’t one shot a full 200hp or 250hp hero. If it did then you’ll be dead as so as Doomfist hits you with slam :roll_eyes:

1 Like

So salty I had to get a drink of water before replying. If you’re having trouble with DF play Ana. Any Ana worth her salt(and you appear to have a lot of it) can sleep him before he can do anything.

Yeah dude cuz lore is where we balance the game, why can’t d.va fly forever? Why can Hanzo and Widow miss if they are supposed to be such good shots?

Dude, it’s definitely easier to rocket punch someone into a wall than headshot them as widow, I can say that from experience

its a one shot combo

one shot is something that instantly kills you

That’s five shots, not one.

I’d bet you have less than 2 hours played on doomy

1 Like

Disagree with the OP. I think Doomfist’s damage on RP is fine. Only change I can conceive of that would be fine is reducing how far targets are knocked back on hit, so Doomfist has to pick his punches a little more strategically, but I’m not even sure that’s necessary

Widow is a sniper, so she very much should.

The problem w DF isnt that he has a oneshot. Its that hes highly damaging and has high amounts of CC. Heroes should be either/or–not both. Thats why Widow is ok, but DF (and to the same extent, similar heroes like Junk and Brig) arent.

Your suggested changes would IMMEDIATELY send him to F-Tier.

2 Likes

If rocket punch’s damage was reduced, it wouldn’t even be worth the risk it puts him at to use it 90% of the time. If he were to be nerfed, this wouldn’t be the way to go about it.

Why shouldn’t he? With the amount of sustain the game currently has, there’s no good reason for OHKO style characters to lose that ability. Else matches that are already very slow paced become even moreso.

Very different sized hitboxes…

So being out of danger and being able to one shot is better than having to be in someone’s face and being actively shot at? Such fair. Much balance.

When I read this I know the people typing it don’t play as him because it’s simply not correct.

It’s hilarious that posters like you think Doomfist just magically flies in and lands this easy 1-2-3 combo and just gets out to repeat ad nauseum, please show me where this happens constantly because it isn’t happening in OWL, or with top streamers regularly.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s easier to land an arrow than land a rocket punch and nail someone to a wall.

Not even kidding, used to miss almost everytime and Hanzo’s arrow have a decent hitbox (all Overwatch’s projectiles have a large hitbox).

It doesn’t. It’s when you impact something after being punched. Subtle but very important difference.

2 Likes

that’s literally how you play doomfist

his guns aren’t useful for damage at the fronline, the only way he actually gets picks 9/10 times is to flank and his combo’s does absurd amount of damage

his hitboxes on all of his abilites are big, its not really hard to aim with it

What buffs do you propose to get him out of F tier if they do these changes?