Doomfist, the healer's nightmare

I don’t know why Blizzard keep him op for seasons, as a healer he’s an unstoppable reaper. Even if you’re warned the big guy is approaching, you are so helpless against this mobile lethal endurable killing machine.

This one is totally a balance breaker, please do something.

11 Likes

He’s honestly not that bad. He’s really only an issue if you’re playing Zenyatta or Ana, and even then there are things you can do.

With Ana you should go ahead and bait out uppercut so that when you two are in the air you put him to sleep.

With Zenyatta keep your volley charged and stay near door ways. That way you can try to keep slam from hitting you. Use Charge to headshot him during slam or while he charges Rocket Punch.

The easiest main healer to play against Doomfist is Moira. You can fade away from him before or during slam and go behind a physical object to keep him from RP you. You can also kill him easily with your damage orb if there’s no one else around to kill him, just make sure to dance around barriers to keep RP from hitting.

11 Likes

Hes just not op. Like hes really not. People claim winrate like its some big thing but hes had 55% winrate since 5 months ago, before any buffs or fixes. and he was considered a throw then.

6 Likes

Good DF on the enemy team? Go brig as support easy.

And can nothing in this game be kinda powerful compared to others? Why does everyone want everything neutered and easy to deal with?

1 Like

He was considered a ****ing throwpick until Season 11.

9 Likes

A healers nightmare… unless you’re Brigitte, Moira, Mercy or Lucio. Thats 4/6 healers.

6 Likes

I don’t think doomfist is really that bad. Especially with how good Brig is, and how much she can bully him. Doomfist requires a fair bit of skill to play well, his ability to go after healers is fair then. Not to mention, maybe his prevelance will encourage people to peel for their healers.

2 Likes

Just played a game against a Doomfist, I saved my Ana from him 7 times as Brigitte and Lucio, ended up giving him a nice teabag, he switched. Nerf the teabag.

3 Likes

Just give us a high skill healer with mobility similar to Mercy’s.
Only she is hard to nail down for him. Moira is just a minor nuisance as they only have to wait for fade to go on cooldown and you’re a free kill. We need a high skill alternative over Zen and Ana to deal with him.

I don’t want to have to play Mercy.

4 Likes

At least it’s not Tracer amirite???

xD

2 Likes

He’ll cease being relevant with the next major meta shift. Buffing/nerfing other heroes will keep him balanced.

Now I’m imagining a Doomfist esque healer, as much mobility as Mercy but without the limitation of needing allies, just throwing themselves around the map violently as they heal/protect allies in spectacular fashion.

You mean Lucio? Ride walls and boop him away to protect your teammates.

I’ve never teabagged anyone, but thank you for enlightened me, I would like to do it on some DFs face when I can.

3 Likes

Doomfist’s Rocket Punch is so powerful it can even destroy the balance of the support vs DPS matchups.

Maybe Doomfist just counters supports and you’re supposed to have Tanks and Mei absorb Doomfist damage as much as possible.

I hate doomfists rising uppercut only and thats because of its fixed path

Meh, i just imagine something like a Shimada brother/sister or something.
With mobility on a 3/4 second cooldown and wallclimb to bait those rocket punches.

He/she wouldn’t need a lot of damage. He/she would just need the ability to dodge Doomfist’s Seismic slam with mobility that is hard for him to punish.

Moira for example, only works up until you start playing against the more experienced Doom players. Moira is almost as easy to kill as Ana and Zen for him.
They like to bait Fade with Rocket punch and then go for the Seismic slam>uppercut combo. Another thing they like to do is bait Fade with Seismic slam into Meteor strike. Her damage is too low to be even remotely threatening to him

2 Likes

When it works properly lol, play Doomfist you’ll see that a lot of times you end up sending people god knows where with your uppercut.

1 Like

It doesnt matter where it sends me I’m upset I cant change its course thats the only thing I hate about him

Playing against it as a tank is even worse imo. Playing rein against that is absolutely AWFUL. Orisa and Zarya are the only two who aren’t juggled all over the place.

Lucio is weak against DF.
He might seem evasive when you’re trying to snipe him, but not to Doomfist’s fast traveling, big hitboxes that allow Doomfist to have complete control over his movement. All it takes for him is to land a single ability. And a boop Might save you. By the time you boop him you’re already at critical hp due to his animation cancelling.

Look how much damage you can do in such a short time. Slam>shoot>uppercut With no practice whatsoever. Boop him, and you’ll be at 50 hp if you’re Lucky. If you’re not, the Doomfist used some obscure momentum bug that allows him to deal more damage with his Seismic slam.

3 Likes