Doomfist is proof the community has no clue

go play him and reach GM

im not a doom player, hes weak. boom your whole argument has been disproved.

Any Doomfist main that thinks Doomfist is weak currently isn’t a good Doomfist.

I get having complaints about the direction or play style of the character- but he’s a solid pick.

2 Likes

Doom’s good imo, but I don’t agree with the idea that he’s not hard to pick up. Let’s be real: if you think your tank is bad, you are not going to ask them to switch to Doom for easy value.

2 Likes

even tho i never played doom or dislike him if i see one that wrecks the lobby i think this is pretty neat, but yea most of the time its a doom in quick play who is learning and gets wrecked or is wrecked against my sombra… poor guy.

the dooms that win against me as sombra most of the time is a whole team diff or that rare doom thats comes out of nowhere and plays him like some jedi master.

i think that its cool there is a hero like that, high skill curve that rewards you for hard work. i would say widow is similar but i really think doom is way harder

2 Likes

I couldn’t care less about Doomfist’s win and pick rate, because he needs reworked back to the DPS role regardless. Tank Doomfist’s design is not fun to play alongside or against; he’s completely selfish (Block only helps himself), does too much burst damage for a tank (Empowered Punch), and has too much/frequent overall CC (knock-back, stun, slow).

The idea with the below Doomfist rework is to make him a healthy DPS hero for the game by addressing the pain points of playing against OW1 DPS Doomfist (removing stun from Rocket Punch, reducing his enemy displacement, and reducing his single-target burst damage potential):

Doomfist

• Moved from Tank to Damage Role
  • Base health reduced from 450 to 250

Power Block

• Ability Removed

NEW! Rising Uppercut

• OW1 Rising Uppercut Added
  • Reduce upwards travel and knock-up of Uppercut

Seismic Slam

• Now propels Doomfist forward a set speed and distance upon landing (Possibly make it so it only triggers if you are holding your jump key as you land)
  • Now also allows for targeting ground that is at least a certain angle below your hero while mid-air to travel downward (damage ramping from OW1 would stay gone, and Doomfist keeps the OW2 verticality to his Slam)

Rocket Punch

• No longer stuns
  • Wall impact damage removed
  • Knock-back reduced
  • Impact damage buffed (Around 120 damage or so)
  • Rocket Punch now deals minor impact damage (Around 40 or so) to nearby enemies and knocks them back less than the primary target
  • Charge up time buffed

Meteor Strike

• Slow on enemies removed
  • Health regeneration reduced
  • Cooldown acceleration reduced
  • Health and cooldown benefits are better the first half of the duration, and are weaker for the last half of the duration
  • Ultimate cost reduced (buffed)
  • Outer-ring damage buffed

I’m not giving concrete numbers for his abilities because it would require play-testing to find a good spot numbers-wise.

1 Like

reinhardt and junker queen have a higher winrate than doom at every rank above silver (according to overbuff, unless you got your statistics from a different source and if so id appreciate it if you could provide that source for us)

does this mean reinhardt mains asking for buffs have no clue and should just stay silent?

statistics mean nothing and pretty much the entire community will agree that rein needs buffs/changes

again, statistics mean nothing, and even if they did mean something doomfist is a popular hero to onetrick, so he will naturally have a high pickrate because people find him fun to play/learn

he doesnt suck, he just feels like garbage to play

he is extremely hard, and id encourage you to try to win games on him without sinking many hours into learning him

look, i do not care if he gets buffs or not, but i do want his bugs fixed and his kit adjusted to be closer to how it was in the ow2 beta

i feel the same about ana apologists trying to claim that she takes skill, but ill never insult their intelligence because i respect their opinion even if i disagree with it

this kind of mentality is why i hate making doom posts on the forums, people dont want to have a real discussion they just want to be haters

1 Like

Yeah, Doom has been overpowered for over a year. Dude needs survivability nerfs yesterday. He shouldn’t be able to assassinate a support while the whole enemy team is shooting at him, then just hit his “I choose not to die and I’m going to space button” if it doesn’t go well.

2 Likes

Him and winston the same : dive in DONT DO NUTTIN, dive back out, let team die.

I was looking forward to this season for him to be unable to solo roll the team, but meh, I guess not.

Agree that DF is like Genji players. I HATE contact heroes: always in your face, always a smurf, and never nerfed (so enemy team won’t puke from playing against them).

winston at least does something

so many doomfist mains dive in, power block in front of the ana with all her cooldowns and then ask for cc immunity on his block

Sounds like mercy mains

That sounds like a very biased opinion.

And yet people cried about dps doom being “op” when he was average/slightly weak in ow1 gm and masters…

Literally 99% of the complaints made on the forums and reddit are skill issues.

i have a problem with doom and other high skill floor, high skill ceiling characters.
bad/mediocre dooms jump in, punch, block and immediately die. good dooms almost never die, and disrupt your team like crazy, flying over your heads and jump over the tops of buildings to flank your supports, obliterate them and then leave.
bad/mediocre balls swoop in, get hacked and hooked and blow up. good balls time their engagements so they always have the upper hand, and combo you to death and have maybe 1 death the whole match.
bad/mediocre genjis get obliterated by many different characters. good genjis are so evasive that by the time you’ve turned to fight them off, they’ve bounced over your head and they’re on the other side, and every time you attack them they’ll have deflect up. they have perfected their shuriken + dash + shuriken + melee combo so well that when you die to it you will barely even know what hit you.

characters that have low skill floors or medium skill floors aren’t like this, even if the player is super good they’ll die several times. an amazing cassidy player with near perfect aim will still die 6 times in a balanced match, but an amazing genji player will only have about 2 deaths.
i don’t even think they can balance any of them without ruining them or making them not fun.
but because these characters are only viable to people that play the hell out of them and learn ALL their techs, people think they’re weak and need buffs. they do not. if you buff them, the people that main them will be even more of a problem and utterly dominate lobbies.

i can totally see a patch where they give doom several buffs, people pick him thinking “oh he’s gonna be great now!” he ends up being not that great to them, and they go on the forums to complain that “he still sucks!”, while all the doom mains would be absolutely feasting.

Doomfist is one of the best tanks in the game. He just has some of the most well documented bugs in the game, is easily counter-swapped into missery in lower & average ranked lobbies and is also extremely explosive.

Part of the reason people think Doomfist sucks is because of narratives and propaganda around the hero. Some content creators will unfortunately drastically downplay and pretend Doomfist is terrible. Despite him effectively just being better than Winston as of season 8 (season 9 might change this).

Also Doomfist is just a popular hero, his pick rate and winrates being high make sense with how much people like the hero on paper. I wouldn’t say the Overwatch community is clueless about Doomfist, I’d say there is just misinformation about Doomfist and the Hydra (community buglist for Doomfist) may lead into misconceptions about the hero. A lot of the bugs in the Hydra are terrible, can make you lose games and just suck to experience. It doesn’t mean Doomfist is a bad hero and needs to be buffed every single patch.

I think going about talking about Doomfist with pretty a pretty inflammatory premise is the wrong way to talk about him. Its just going to stir an unproductive and negative response from the crowd that likes Doomfist.

Also winrates do not reflect how balanced something actually is or if people find it fun. Sombra historically has had a negative winrate in Overwatch 1 and people hated her. A character can have a low or high winrate, while being weak, overpowered or just balanced.

I like to call this Brig Syndrome. People advocate for Brig buffs because they have no idea how to play her properly and refuse to put in the time to learn and master her skill set and the same goes for heroes like Doom and to a lesser extent Kiri.

There’s no such thing as an objectively “hard” character.

It’s all subjective

This is almost entirely thanks to enforcing Reinhardt and Hog as the to-go low rank tanks.

Orisa isnt strong. In fact, she is arguably pretty weak when you climb.

But she counters popular tanks when played by selfish solo players, so she HAS to be totally overpowered because she stopped the hammerbotting, right???