Doomfist is a pain to play

Conspiracy theory time. IMO, he was originally a tank because that’s what the Devs initially wanted for him. They changed him to a DPS rather late in his development because I believe they intended him to be the anti-dive hero everyone wanted at the time. Think about it, he had (has) a TON of weaknesses and all his power into his Rocket punch. With the large hit box RP had it was easy to pin a blinking Tracer and jumping Genji. That, plus Doomfist still somewhat counters the main heroes that enable dive: D.va and Winston. However, when he launched everyone (understandably) complained that it was no fun to play against and they nerfed it without buffing the rest of his kit to make up for it. Now he is just in a bad spot and the Dev team don’t know where to go with him so they stay silent.

That’s just what I hypothesize happened.

2 Likes

That actually makes a lot of sense.

I spend WAYYYYY too much time thinking about Doomfist.

1 Like

I mean… that wouldn’t surprise me. I have for instance gotten all 3 achievements in getting over it, and I’ve generally enjoyed playing difficult games while also having some form of handicap on myself., such as the dark souls trilogy, or bloodborne. So masochistic I might be.

Looking for the most difficult thing to master and be effective with in a game has always been something I’ve done. It’s stupid, but it brings me a sense of true accomplishment when I succeed with it moreso than if I used something conventional.

1 Like

Bugs, balance issue, and a massive hitbox… he is still a blast to play, and I enjoy these threads alot

I can totally see this being a thing. I’ve often felt like he would’ve made a good disruptor tank. I’ll gladly toss on a tinfoil hat and say “cheers” to that one. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just tell me why Moira kills me after I do uppercut + 3 full body shots.

I usually don’t have problems dealing with Moira personally. Can be tricky sometimes but not really too difficult. I wish I could tell you, brother.

Just wanted to point out that on Chipsa’s stream today he stated that he also think Doomfist needs a survivability buff as well, so even high rated doomfist players want him to get a little love

1 Like

doomfist usefulness is not very evident.

Grandmasters that use him use rollouts or other map tricks to make him useful. They use rocket punch as a movility tool, not as a damage source. I don´t know, if you are going to describe doomfist to a new player, you usually dont start saying: ey, doomfist rollouts are the best! that behaviour is not intuitive.

Is like the old rex of mercy, the good mercys in that time hided and let their team died, waiting for the big rez, and that was counterintuitive for a main healer as mercy. I think that the mechanics of the current doomfist are totally counterintuitive, too.

I think if they want to keep his current kit, he either needs more survivability or more escapability.

All of this would be waaay too much ,He’d basically have no cooldowns at all + tanky.

I can already imagine him comboing a team of 6 with nothing but a zenyatta harmony orb on him

I agree the OP’s suggestions would be too much, but he definitely needs something.

I am one of those players who likes to play DF. I only play quick play so i cant say by any measure how good i am. I can say that i have compleatly dominated games as DF. Aswell as been unable to make any impact on the match whatsoever.

What makes the best matches is great team play and communication.

Imo its still to early too make a change, tho much legit debate.

Yeah ,that I can agree on.

Honestly just about everyone likes to play doomfist.

It’s just that his skill floor is so high that people don’t even try past a few hours.

A block ability would super cool. I say just make it a toggle like S76 Sprint. No CD and have him take 50% frontal damage, but slow his movement speed and still be susceptible to CC. The animation could just be him marching with the gauntlet up like a shield.

Bug fixes would be a nice start. :frowning:

1 Like

I would be happy (at least for a time) if Blizzard responded to the community’s concerns with Doomfist instead of small details regarding CTF or something.

2 Likes

I completely agree. Even more so since some of the things that had started to feel more fluid went out the window when they made the mobility/momentum changes a while back.

1 Like