Doomfist Community Patch (Discontinued)

Perhaps the set spread isn’t needed, and Guard is intentionally designed to partially ignore CC (Partially meaning he still gets stunned and affected by CC but it won’t cancel Guard.) It defeats the purpose of the ability if it got canceled by stuns other than hack. I can see why he maybe shouldn’t be allowed to shoot with it up. Meanwhile, maybe if he’s stunned from behind it could cancel the ability, as that could be seen as a potential blind spot that he wouldn’t be guarding.

I’ll edit the main post when I get a chance to, for now I can’t. I’m out of edits on it for some reason. (Thanks blizz, really appreciate you limiting edits.)

As stated in another thread, I still think the best idea would be that while charging Rocket Punch, Doomfist is granted a damage reduction similar to Iron Clad or Take a Breather. Not only does it make sense because he seems to be flexing while charging his punch, but it would match his audio as he seems to be grunting, and it would help him to be able to charge his fist without dying immediately while fighting in close range (where he is supposed to be). I would take this in place of adding another ability. I don’t think he needs new abilities, I think he needs refining; and his bugs are absolutely crippling.

3 Likes

The blind spot sounds like a great idea!
And some of the new forum things are stupid, like limiting your amount of likes per day, like seriously! xD

2 Likes

That sounds like a great idea maybe even a little bit too strong. Doomfist does need something to increase his tankyness. He is the size of a tank ffs. Plus is does fit his character as a marital artist.

2 Likes

I’ll be adjusting numbers and removing unneeded aspects of my proposed changes one I can edit the post again.

2 Likes

It’s 50 likes a day, it is hard to reach that limit, cmon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The edit count total seems to be a bit too low for my tastes, its roughly 20 edits per day at max and 1 free edit per post.

Hand cannon doesn’t need nerfs, so keep his 0.65 reload.

HIs RP hixbox also needs to buffed vertically, i can recall 3 times on stairs that some one jumped and i rocket punched below them. RP hitbox should be Doomfist character size + 5% vertically and horizontal.

Guard should NOT deplete shields if it only reduces damage by 30%

2 Likes

Did you read what I said below it about hand cannon? Its not a bloody nerf.

It means he can shoot without making it so that the reload time goes back up to full, which overall means he reloads more frequently and shoots more frequently. Less downtime. Currently shooting a shot will reset the reload time back to the full 0.65 seconds even if it was 0.01 of a second away from reloading.

Also, guard is meant to be like disengage assistance, buying time for yourself and your team, or generally reducing damage taken for a moment to for instance, work your way through a choke without getting completely spammed out. The shields rapidly depleting is a counter measure to make sure people don’t abuse it to go in with an extra 120 hp right off the bat.

although I suppose I could make it drain a bit slower.

as for verticality on rocket punch? Yeah, that’s fair. I’ll add it in.

2 Likes

I don’t want to create another DF FIX thread so I’ll dump my ideas here. Personally I’m mostly fine with Doom, but aside from his shield I’d mostly want to see some QoL changes.

My OC changes

The Best defense…

• Barriers gained from dealing damage reduced from 30 (75 for Meteor Strike) per target hit to 20 (50). Max reduced to 120 from 150, decay speed reduced from 1 per 3 seconds to 1 per 4.
  • Now also generates “burst” barrier when using abilities:
    • Rocket Punch, Seismic Slam and Uppercut grant 40 barriers, decaying at 20 per second.
    • Meteor Strike grants 200 barriers (upon landing) decaying at 50 per second.
    • Maximum of 100 Burst Barriers (300 with ultimate).

Burst barriers helps Doomfist remain in a fight, offseting his huge hitbox. If available, it will be damaged before his “damage” barrier. Low cap and quick decay prevents stacking it out of the fight.

Rocket Punch

• Doomfist gains immunity to knockbacks during Rocket Punch.

This mostly fixes the bug with rocket punch not working at all if pushed during release frames. He’s still susceptible to stuns and immobilizes.

Seismic slam

• Ground slam can no longer land on top of enemy heroes.
  • Doomfist gains 50% knockback reduction during Ground Slam.
  • Now slightly more lenient around corners.

Uppercut

• Doomfist no longer bounces off curved ceilings.
  • Enemy no longer regains aerial control if they touch curved ceiling or wall.

Meteor Strike

• Allies can now see Doomfist aiming.
  • Landing indicator for enemies now grows from center instead of showing entire landing area instantly.

Circle starts with entire “full damage area” and grows until Doomfist connects to the ground.

Hand Cannon

• Damage reduced from 6 to 3
  • Number of bullets fired increased from 11 to 22
  • Spread pattern made more consistent

While the damage per bullet has been lowered, the number of bullets he fires per Hand Cannon shot has been increased which makes his overall damage output unchanged. Overall, these changes will help his Hand Cannon feel much more consistent.

3 Likes

I always had this pretty cool idea for Doomfist. Basically, increase shield gain to 35-45 per ability and every time he has all 4 shots charged up, his shields decay a lot more slowly or completely stop. Doomfists shields really don’t stay around to help so this should help him keep some durability in between team fights.

It is simply too much changes at once to imagine how this would end up.

I don’t think i could give you an answer to whether these changes are good for the game as a whole or bad, without playing a version of this doomfist for a few days.

2 Likes

Not when you like every response and post you agree with. :smiley:

clips.twitch. tv/LitigiousExquisiteWasabiRiPepperonis

Are you sure about that?

Not sure what you mean. Can you elaborate?

2 Likes

what is this clip supposed to show? he missed.

2 Likes

Whenever i read a topic or response i agree with, i like the post. That means that i really quickly get to the limit. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I like the Guard Idea outside the fact of how would he gain shields if he’s taking damage? I’m a bit confused on that.

Other than that I’d love to see him have more CC to be a counter to Genji Tracer like he use to be. In the form of:

Rising Uppercut

Players hit by uppercut will be unable to perform abilities for 3~4 seconds

Similar to Hack but a shorter range more risky attack. Doomfist is based on fighting games and Uppercuts in fighting games are usually combo starters or finishers.

Seismic Slam

Opponents hit by Seismic Slam have their movement speed reduced by 15%

This I feel will give him more synergy with teammates and help players with back line/dive type comps.

Also it would be cool if we could angle Rocket punch by at least 35%

4 Likes

Oh i get it now. Thanks for the clarification :wink:

3 Likes

While i like the idea for some sort of sustain i kinda like the idea of an all in all out blitz fighter. I have always wanted a grab attack that works like roadhogs hook except the range is only 1-2m and once it grabs them it throws them. If they hit a wall they take extra damage. If he grabs them while in the air hed throw them at the ground. This would provide a much needed combo extender and a way to grab genji/tracer. Imagine slamming someone then uppercuting them then throwing them at the ground. Or grabbing someone throwing them against the wall then immediately punching them.

3 Likes