Doomfist bug fixes, please don't fix "diagonal punch"

So before I begin I want to say that “diagonal punch” (as i decided to call it) is a bug with doomfist.

What is diag punch? https://youtu.be/Wnalkeklht4?t=633

So every DF player has experience this diag punch bug. I haven’t seen any DF player attempt to “abuse” this bug and figure out how it works to make it a mechanical skill on doomfist.

Once I figured out how “diag punch” worked I made a tutorial on it and a lot of DF players decided to find their own roll outs using “diag punch”

Here is an example of “abusing” the bug to make it a new skill on DF.

As you see this can change doomfists play style a lot and open him to new opportunities to do insane rollouts but sadly in that forum post it was announced that it was going to get patched.

As a DF main (and many other DF mains) who use this “diag punch” please don’t patch this. This is such a advanced technique for DF that requires a lot of skill to pull off properly. DF slam distance was already nerfed, please don’t patch diag punch. Thanks.

32 Likes

Yes please. After the recent nerfs. At least let us keep diag punches. They add versatility to his kit and require practice to pull off. If you take it away it’ll be another nerf.

7 Likes

Please do not take away a mechanic that makes doomfist feel unique and fun.

6 Likes

One of the most unique mechanic indeed! imagine seeing this happen in OWL, people are gonna be so hyped.

This is such a skillfull mechanic i really hope they dont remove it, takes time to practice and to master!

5 Likes

I really hope Blizzard don’t patch diagonal punch, skilfully utilising parts of the map to save important cooldowns is incredibly rewarding.

2 Likes

Please don’t destroy one of the most niche unique parts of his kit :frowning:

please devs, dont remove this “bug”. hes been nerfed enough, causing him to be in most cases unviable. removing this will just hurt the character even more.

I use this regularly on Anubis Defense to get up to the sniper arch instead of wasting uppercut + punch/slam to do it. Please keep diagonal punch in!

dont remove diagonal punch. it is adding more depth into doomfist’s kit, with this addition it is adding more opportunity for doomfist to get kills while at the SAME time making his skill ceiling rise up. for proof on how this isnt gamechanging. watch high level doomfist streamers, they only use this tech and pull it off successfully 1/3 games. its not overpowered and doesnt deserve to get nerfed or patched. ty

Why would they remove this mechanic? They’ve been listening to the wrong people on this forum for too long imo

2 Likes

On the bug thread they said it’s a bug (which obviously it is) and that it was going to get patched but I don’t think they know that it’s being used as a mechanic on doomfist now. I just hope they don’t patch it, it will really make doomfist more lame.