Doomfist, Brigitte and Sombra is killing OW

OW was one of the best games I had ever played until those heroes were introduced. They are extremely unfun to play against and they are the main reason why ALL of my friends have quit Overwatch and I must say I’m pretty close to do the same at this point because competitive has never been worse than it is now because of those heroes.

Unless Blizzard rework their kit I definitely think they should be banned from competitive.

1 Like

As far as Sombra is concerned, non-Sombra mains have nobody to blame but themselves lol

They APPROVED of her changes :man_shrugging:

11 Likes

But sombra is completely fine? Learn to counter her extremely-counterable kit.

14 Likes

She is not fine. I’m talking about the higher ranks here. A high ranked Sombra is on the same frustrating to play against level as Doomfist.

I’d say Sombra is a rather weak hero, but as a disrupter the impact she has on ones ability to play the game can be extreme. At times she can render certain heroes as dead weight, namely Tanks and Supports who’s abilities are what keep them and their team alive, compared to a DPS whos abilities are focused around securing kills.

Personally I have no major issue with Brigitte, as the devs are slowly but surely adjusting her down from her perch. But both Sombra and Doomfist are getting fixes/buffs which make them even worse.

The most recent Doom nerf doesn’t even come close to impacting what makes him such an oppressive game destroying hero.

The problem with Brigitte is that she takes so incredibly little skill to play with that kind of impact on the game.

But I agree about Doomfist and Sombra. Especially Doomfist who probably is the most broken hero so far in OW.

He can completely shut down healers in the other team throughout the whole game. That’s why so few wants to play healer atm. They know that they’ll only spend their time getting instagibbed by a Doomfist.

You’d be surprised the skills you need to use to play a Brigitte. I can agree her impact is a little high, but I think that’s more of a statement to how healers in this game are ruthlessly crapped on by other characters (Genji, Doom, Tracer) that the only healer that can actually combat them is touted as a no-skill.

People play her because she doesn’t get stomped and can play the game without having to have eyes on the backs of their heads, I think we should look from there on how to adjust her and other supports.

[edit] To elaborate, a healers main strength comes in their longevity on the battlefield. The longer they live, the more heals they dish, the better their team can sustain a longer fight. Its why Mercy is always so high up on the must-play list. She can get in and out with ease, and while she does have to be careful, it is hard to pin down a Mercy without facing off against her team as well.

Brigitte is hard to kill, very hard, and every time you try she starts healing. And not just herself, but her team. She is always present, always a threat, and sustaining her team throughout. This is her power, not her bash or lack of skill.

5 Likes

Hmm yeah, perhaps you are right about Brigitte.

I’m sorry but I’m getting really tired of the whole “Hero X is unfun to play against” as an excuse to rework or hell, even remove them from the game. In fact if a hero is fun to play against then that is a reason to look at the hero and maybe make some changes.

If hero X is easily killing you over and over then they are UNFUN because they are countering you. If you are killing hero X over and over then you’re having fun and nothing needs changed.

10 Likes

Countering? Healers cannot walk out of spawn for 5 seconds before they sit there again.

Sit there again? I don’t understand what you mean. Why are they sitting there? Are they sitting with their team? Alone? I don’t understand.

They get killed by a Doomfist and return to spawn. That’s currently the life of a healer.

-Walk out of spawn
-Get instagibbed by a Doomfist
-Return to spawn
-Repeat

So why is Doomfist solo camping your team spawn room exits? Why isn’t your team helping deal with this?

2 Likes

Then first person shooter games is not for you.

Git gud.

1 Like

What rank are you playing at?

Because this is kinda relevant when it comes to Doomfists.

1 Like

Another CCd-crybaby. Go play custom games with no cooldowns hanzo only. “IT SKILLS AND NO ONE CAN STOP ME MOVEN”

No, rank doesn’t matter much here. If any hero is spawn camping then it’s your team that isn’t helping. Hell even 2k+ ranks will have teams help if this happens.

1 Like

I am afraid I disagree almost completely. Games are meant to be fun, and you can have a fun challenge. Most characters in this game represent a fun challenge for you to face. When the challenge is not fun, as is the case with Doomfist, Sombra somewhat, and Brigitte, you just don’t want to play.

That is simply a critical fail on the part of the game.

Now you can sit here and yell at me about some sort implied balance, or for me to “git gud” or a “CCd-crybaby”. But the fact remains that an unfun hero makes me not want to play. Its interesting how this all came to a head with Doomfist, and no other character has received such a lashing from the unfun perspective with the exception of Mercy who was (surprise!) nerfed to get rid of her unfun hide&rez tactics.

1 Like

Yes rank matters. If a good Doomfist in high Master+ wants to instagibb a healer over and over, he will. And there is nothing the team can do to stop him.

They might be able to kill him afterwards, yeah. But why does that matter when he can just keep instagibbing the healer over and over?

Do you think this is fun gameplay for healers? Eventually nobody is going to play healer and that would be devastating for the game’s health.

2 Likes

This is not true. Tracer and Genji has been complained about way longer before Doomfist has came out. They haven’t received much nerfs why aren’t people complaining as much? Oh because of Brigitte. The moment she leaves we go back to square one of people complaining about Tracer and Genji.

Also you want to talk about unfun?

You know what’s not fun? Dive being the only viable thing to play in Overwatch of the same 6 heroes being used over and over again. Brigitte’s introduction to game finally has a answer to that. Because in the dive meta your support was dying really fast back then all the time too.

Without Sombra who’s going to be a answer to cheese comps then? Also without Sombra Hammond will be able to do almost whatever he wants because there won’t be any answer to him beside like Mei who can’t be run on every team.

Also with the amount of heals and damage numbers going up who’s going to stop heavy sustain comps? Goats is an example of why its so strong and why characters like Sombra and Doomfist showed up to go against comps like those.

There’s a cause and effect on everything in this game. Removing the characters you want won’t make anything better.