Doom Was Removed From DPS

…For being too disruptive for a DPS. So you put in Venture who is just, if not more, disruptive as a DPS.

6 Likes

Reminder that Doom could Hard Stun and had potential to one-shot anyone at and below 250 HP every 4 seconds. And with his mobility he could just fall out of the sky out of nowhere and do that

21 Likes

“if not more” okay I know everyone on this forum has at least has at least a few brain worms but if you think Venture is as disruptive as DPS Doom was, get your head checked immediately

15 Likes

Venture doesn’t have a hard stun that Doom has.

6 Likes

Venture doesn’t drop from the heavens and stun you to death.

12 Likes

All it takes is one look at ventures kit to see what they are not nearly as disruptive as the one-shotting hard cc hero that dps doom was.

12 Likes

Eh isn’t, it’s a Knock back tool, a mild push when coming out of the ground. And mostly just damage tools.

While doom? He had a hard stun, And three major knock back tools that can throw you in the air, closer to him for combo’s, and likea control points lenght away.

Venture isn’t remotely like that.

Literally everything short of Venture’s melee has movement disruption. Even his primary fire, lol.

Bahahaha you simply cannot be serious.

Tbf, I was lowballing how much CC he has in the OP. Doom only had 2 things that could CC, a knock up, and a stun/knockback. Venture literally has 4 different buttons that disrupt someone’s movement. And that’s not even counting in the combos he can do.

He also has a “one shot” combo he can do before his opponents can even move their character again, lol.

When doom was dps, there was also 6v6 which made sense for his character. Put him in DPS now, and we would be all screwed

i dont think venture is anything like doom. so far it seems weak. sure it may be good with tons of practice but i dont see it being as good as old doomfist when it was a dps

so far i find venture underwhelming. i mean they are not terrible but not good either

I mean, DPS Doom was largely considered really bad unless you really knew what you were doing on him. Venture’s only been out a day. Just give it some time, people will figure out how to clap with him.

Oh I agree Doom has more CC than you indicated in the OP, and that he was far more disruptive than Venture is currently. Doom had 3 pretty impactful CC abilities, one being a hard stun that could one shot, as well as incredible mobility.

1 Like

Ah, ignorance is bliss. :innocent:

It sure is buddy :innocent:

1 Like

i wouldnt really say venture is disruptive. its a short range burst hero sure, but they are also far easier to hit and deal with than old doomfist. the cooldowns are on the longer side and the hero is not capable of hard cc. if a venture player burrows around its extremely loud and obvious. so yeah, plenty of ways to deal with them i think. nothing about them strikes me as particularely nasty. it remeains to be seen if the primary+melee+ rightclick combo is a tad too insane, but so far id say they fit in nicely with other dps heroes in terms of power level. i was even pleasantly surprised about the primary damage and the not so short cooldowns on their abilities. her ult is pretty down to earth too, id even say its on the weaker side.

You can deny the truth all you want, just wait. When the complaints start coming in, I’ll reply to you in this thread with a big ole “I told you so”. :slight_smile: Dude has so much CC, it’s kind of obnoxious. Venture literally out CCs Tanks, atm.

Yeah we both already established that Doom had loads of CC. Far more than Venture for sure.

Not sure what you think you’re getting at. I’m clearly agreeing with you.

I still have PTSD from a Doom flying out of nowhere while I was like 60 feet in the air as Pharah and just clapping me instantly

2 Likes