Doom vs. Mccree

I don’t think many people know this since doom isn’t picked very often, but Mccree completely shuts down Doomfist. He has enough damage in FTH to kill a doom after a stun, has enough long range damage to poke out a doom enough that they have to heal, and has enough hp to tank any combo so long as he gets healed even a tiny bit. Even if you were to try to wait out stun (not bait because you literally cant do that as doomfist even if you were to use an ability due to ping), his 25 hp goes a REALLY long way with doom since most of Doom’s combos only barely break the 200 hp barrier. On top of this, he hardly ever needs to use his stun since he can just sit in the backline with the healers, protecting 3 or more people just by existing. Against mccrees, I have to completely change my playstyle. Even ulting on him doesn’t work because both his roll and his HP counter it. Last game, I ulted right on top of him even predicting where he would go (which is the only way to kill with doom’s ult) but since he was just a little bit away, he survived then got healed by a mercy. It genuinely doesn’t feel fair anymore.

(also can we have a little bit of a buff to his ult please and thank you)

McCree is doing what McCree should? Doom’s ult is fine, most use it as an escape route.
McCree is meant to slow/stun fast moving targets. That’s why he’s a counter to Tracer. McCree making you change your playstyle is part of the game.

6 Likes

Just saying, if Cree fans a Doom, the Cree better hope Doom doesn’t have any of his shields, or the Doom wins 9/10 times, his lack of mobility and slow reload make it really easy for Doom to dive/kill Cree if played correctly.

Edit: With that said, I wouldn’t be against a very minor buff to Doom’s ult, his damage/mobility are fine as they are, but as the person above said, his ult is mostly used as an escape.

3 Likes

FTH doesn’t win when doom shield’s give him 300+ hp.

2 Likes

Yeah, you gotta land headshots vs a doom. That’s what makes the matchup as widow so fun. It’s all about if you can shoot him before he hits you.

1 Like

Agreed, unless you’re Chipsa, and just cry about Widow lol.

2 Likes

The unlookiest man alive.

1 Like

lol nothing against him, he would 100% destroy me, and most likely 99% of the other people here on the forums, I just think its funny.

Why are you saying “Doom’s ult is fine” then continue with “use it with an escape route”.

You have to use a DPS ultimate as an escape tool? Do you understand how bad that is?

Doom’s ultimate is incredibly terrible. You cannot tell me other wise.

1 Like

Most of you guys are talking about how doom has shields and all that, the point being that McCree both shuts down doom so that he can’t get shields and that even if he did, mccree would be protecting the other dive targets whom would also shoot you.

EDIT: forgot someone needed to reply for me to say something new;

As a response to the first post:

The thing about this is that McCree, while making me change my playstyle, does so in a MUCH more drastic way than vs. Tracer. Tracer actually has room where she can shoot and not get stunned, AND a way to dodge stun, whereas doom has none of this. The only realistic way to dive is either for the McCree to be out of position (where you can kill him through his stun if you uppercut fast enough) or the McCree uses stun early. Even with this, though, it’s still difficult to dive because of his ability to take out half your HP before you even hit the seismic.

So nerf my counter and prevent me to change my playstyle according to the heroes the enemy uses?

1 Like

Although I would like that personally, my argument isn’t that. I’m saying that I have to change my playstyle so drastically for the worse that it’s laughable. You rely almost solely on positioning errors or playing with your team for backup.

I get it.

I am personally not a fan of Cree HP buff myself, but I get by, mostly because I am low elo and people do not know how to use him effectively so sometimes I like to think how I am smart and how I managed to avoid him :smiley:

My point was rather I do not think nerfing one’s counters is a good idea imo. You nerf one counter today, tomorrow it might be another counter who should be nerfed, so on and so forth. This game is built around counters, picking what works best to counter the enemy and also getting better at not being killed so many times by your counter. Outsmarting and outplaying your counter is the best, cleanest pleasure one could get (To catch a predator with Chris Hansen reference right there :smiley: )

I still get killed like a lot by Tracer’s and Sombra’s when I am playing Zen, but I like to think how that is my fault. And those Tracer’s and Sombra’s I am talking about are not being Smurfs.

Of course we all would like for the heroes we do not like or counter us to get nerfed so we could feel superior and think how we play good, but that is not how this game actually is.

And as far as Doom goes, and please forgive me, I do not play Doom, but have been wrecked by one way too many times that I stopped counting (and I try to improve myself where now I die to him like 4 times instead of 10 like I did before), but isn’t he supposed to play around cooldowns and positioning errors? Isn’t that his kit?

That is why his cooldowns are lower than for other heroes. That is his kit, his cooldowns alone and proper rollouts. Imagine if there were no stuns in this game, he would rule without ever being contested.

I understand that we all want an easy way out, that nice POTG, to feel superior, etc. but that is not how this game works actually.

I understand this completely. My main thing is that most other people (not all, but most) also think McCree is kind of broken right now. I just played another game where no matter how many resources I put into the mccree, landing every shot, his tankiness (with a healer) and damage output outclassed me. It just kinda feels unfair. You might say, “just go for the healer,” but you can’t do that since the mccree is protecting the healer. McCree would probably be a lot more balanced if he was a tank to peel for the backline i suppose, but that wouldn’t make sense.

No, no I get it. I also said that I was not a huge fan of his HP buff and I might agree that he is in a way broken.

I do not think that he should be a Tank, lol, but I personally agree that his HP buff should be reverted.

And even if it was reverted the Cree would still be playing the same way he is now in your matches and your elo. With his healers, protecting them, and getting healed. That is actually his job if the enemy is running a Doom. It is his job to shut you down.

get used to it dude honestly actually patient mcrees sitting in the back line are pretty good soft counters to half the heros in the game. thank god most dps players are brain dead. get high enough where there not and it’s @#$king awful if you just want free baclines to mess up.

Well, if doom farm combos off tanks and gets almost 400hp, mccree is not an issue, since you can tank his fan the hammer combo. Mccree does counter doom, but not really a hard counter. As long as his flash on cooldowns, mccree is an easy kill. Hog, and brig, and pharah counter doom much harder than mccree.

1 Like

I play McCree a lot and I think the matchup is quite fair. Doomfist is a ridiculously strong hero, so I guess it’s allright to have a 50% winchance in a duel against him.

Him being arguably the strongest close range duelist while also being a top 3 mid range duelist is the entire problem. He’s only reliably contestable at long range, which is a range only snipers can effectively fight at.

To bring him in line with the rest of the roster he needs to be weaker at either close or mid range. Him being so good at both is why there is little reason to ever play anything else.