Doom in Tank took away every ult combo he had

Space Jam, Gone

Grav Slam, Gone

Shatter Slam, Gone

And Doom ult combos with nothing.

It also takes alot longer to charge

I really didn’t think they’d make his ult any worse, but here we are.

4 Likes

Grav Meteor is still a valuable combo idk what you’re talking about :person_shrugging:

Pretty sure they mean for OW2 where there will only be one tank.

9 Likes

Well his ult slows so it combos with everything - people just don’t follow up yet.

Thank God… the obnoxiousness of that kit deserved it. It’s a secret joy watching Doom struggle now in OW2 play, I have to admit.

4 Likes

You will not enjoy when people get used to him after his latest buff then.

Super strong.

The community is ridiculously slow to react to new things - it took people months to realise Halt/Hook or Shield Bash/Slam were valid combos. There will 100% be useful combos with his new ultimate given time.

3 Likes

I don’t buy that for a minute. Strong is fine, obnoxious is another. He has to earn his kills now, not cheese dives from rooftops on rollouts.

3 Likes

Fair enough…

Although you can drop from rooftops much easier now - he just can’t delete you as quickly

he’s literally so much better than he was in ow1 though

Yeah all the Doom players were singing this and why he was abysmal on stats in the post-beta tables… yep.

1 Like

he is though. after the latest buffs doom is at least B or A tier, whereas overwatch one doom is one of the worst dps in the game

On tank which is a completely different playstyle. it was as mistake to ever have had him be a DPS. I can stand Doom on tank, as I said he’s not obnoxious. And I bet he’s struggling more to get elims by far than you care to admit :wink:

1 Like

And here we have the gold player who can’t counter doom.

6 Likes

I agree dps doom was horribly designed to be an obnoxious hero, but I wasn’t struggling to get kills with tank doom. despite the much higher ttk with less cc and more health 1v1s are weighted in dooms favour more and empowered punch is incredibly strong

Criticizing Doom and writing it off as “not being able to counter” is what someone in JR. High might think. As it happens most of my regular roster is a Doom counter… just the mere fact counters exist to a kit doesn’t mean its a healthy design for the game.

This is the kind of nonsense people throw out when they know they are riding on a bad kit to try to deflect; attack the person instead of address the question of the design.

It might surprise you I intend to take up Doom or at least give it a strong try in OW2 once the kit changes seem settled.

2 Likes

The average gold doom hating response

1 Like

Then that is your mistaken thinking, not mine. Why do you think he was moved to tank exactly?

1 Like

Gold.

can you just argue normally, instead of resorting to rank shaming every time someone disagrees with you. it isn’t that hard