Doom Fist is actually really bad

Some things to fix Doomfist:

• Rocket Punch hitbox size increase.
  • Rocket Punch charge up time reduced.
  • Rocket Punch charge up grants damage resistance and cc immunity during the charge up only.
  • Doomfists’ overall hitbox reduced in size.
  • Rising Uppercut hitbox fixed.
  • Seismic Slam hitbox fixed.
  • All bugs fixed.
  • Uppercut and Slam cooldowns reduced by 1-2 seconds.
  • Hand Cannon reload speed increased.
  • Hand Cannon firing speed increased, and delay between shots reduced.
  • Overall shield gain increased, and added damage resistance.
  • Meteor Strike movement speed increased.
  • Meteor Strike telegraphing radius reduced for enemies.
  • Meteor Strike now reduces movement speed of anyone caught in the outer rings.
1 Like

Well, let me tell you something.

BUGS
you’re not wrong

long cooldowns
he has the shortest cooldowns in the game what are you talking about.
you should always prioritize a SINGLE target but killing 2-3 more isn’t that hard as long manage your skills and have back up to cover your downtime.
don’t jump into a fight and blow your load then get mad because you limp now
*black guy orgasms noise * lol

big hitbox iffy hp pool
that’s what his passive is for you have to hit your abilities so that you can stay alive if you don’t hit any you will die but you can constantly hit them you will always have enough to run away I rather him be big he’s kit make him scary you don’t want a mercy hitbox doomfist that terrorizing

stun
you have 2 sudo-stuns and a real stun you can link these abilities to kill anyone so if you hit the uppercut you can instantly punch after because unless they are mashing it you cant really use abilities in the first 2 secs so … that sounds like your problem

telegraphed attacks
point blank you need to get gud. you can use these abilities in such a way that no one can dodge you if you smart about it. and well if you miss… leave dont push the fact just reset and try again instead of dying. and you know you dont have to charge a full punch to run away right… just tap right click an and tap the space bar that should land you a tracer blink away.

dumb fire??
are you a hitscan main… just get gud I can hits shot easy just shoot where their running to not where they are … play more zen he’ll get you used to the leading time rotating the slam to where you need it will always land a hit . unless your fighting tracer you have no reason to complain about this less your leading sucks and you aimed at a spot that every on left

high susceptibility to stun
that’s part of his balance… he’d be so cheap if he was smaller. play him like hog stay out of sight unless you’re going to kill something.

horizontal punch
you know d@mn well there are only 2 ppl in this game that’s jumping over a doomfist everyone else has to juke you and if you aiming strat them … that’s your fault

collisons…
adapt. learn. exercise

part 2 for match ups

1. Brigitte - you can punch her through shield, or you can can cancel to make her waste bash
  2. Widowmaker - you can litrally dash away and use e to surprise her… love doing that
  3. Hanzo if you hit any abilit hes dead as long as you know how to animation cancel combo
  4. Gengi - if genji double jumps hes a free kill
  5. Lucio - shoot him 4 shot = dead (especially if their using new lucio
  6. Sombra - shoot her you or stay near your team if she better than you… or change
  7. Tracer - if you shoot her then slam and e you only have to shoot her once… she cant recall till she start to fall
  8. Phara - … you can shoot her… but thats not your job
  9. McRee - that your fault for getting so close… sneak around or trick him into using it
  10. Ana - same
  11. Roadhog - that a ult battery lol as long as you dont try to kill him hit him and leave
  12. Reaper - you can win… but its smarter to caught him off gaurd
  13. Moira - do you know how to rocket jump???
  14. Mei - yes, but you can runaway though

There are plenty of other characters that can do a much better job prioritising a single target.

yes … your right but he’s playing doomfist not an other character … and if you dont want die as doomfist you dont want to fight the whole team

Pro tip: spend an obscene amount of time playing doomfist to improve consistency to a point where you don’t miss as often as you hit. Also… try to improve your gamesense. A lot of Doomfist play orients completely around your ability to catch people off guard or to trick your opponent into walking right into your abilities.

As for changes to doom? There isn’t much needed to be changed actually.

Patch Notes

If he was given any more buffs than this he would be too good. Doom is not a bad hero, he really isn’t.

Realistically if you are struggling to get value out of doom, its either because you aren’t good enough at him or you are being counterpicked.

He’s talking about the viability of Doomfist in the grand scheme of things.
The fact Doomfist struggles in team fights is one of the reasons why he’s naff as a character, made a little more ironic that his passive is suppose to provide more shields the more enemies is struck in one go.

You forgot to mention how bad his Ult as an offensive tool. We rather use it as an escape tool to re-position ourselves to get the most out of it.

I find these aspects some of the most fun parts of his kit. I really hope they dont change RP jumps/slides

Don’t worry friend, his kit doesn’t need reworking at all. It’s fine as is, just needs the remaining bug fixes and what I said above in my changes for him.

1 Like

I dont really understand ho you people play doomfist but he is be no means weak in a team fight

you can pick off high heath targets
one shot low targets
save you team from ults with his rocket punch cc you boop riens and force people to panic with ult
you guys need to stop thinking that you can win just by picking doomfist
he can be a god but you need to play him smart

I guess that the diffrence in playing a doomfist that everywhere and killing everything or one that gets killed all the time

thats true but its like the hanzo ult you just avoid it if you can so it better to force people between a wall when you use it

You confuse me on the part of forcing people between walls because the Ult can’t do that and the direction where the target runs is their choice. Can you explain clearly?

Doomfist is actually decent in this meta. Just wait until the other team uses Zarya bubbles and you’re free to go ham.

But yeah, a 1 second CD reduction would go a long way.

I haven’t seen anyone dodge my Doomfist attacks. You got have to be sneaky and get these really weird angles on people. For example, on Blizzardworld 1st point, I like to flank around the enemy team onto that giant crane, punch through the left roof and slam down the roof and onto the point/back platform for an easy 1 - 2 picks.

Doomfist is actually pretty damn good against Genji. Wait until he double jumps and he’s dead.

Also, I feel like the combo DOES stun the other team. Slam => Shoot => Uppercut => Shoot and that Hanzo’s already dead in less than a second. I actually think that Doomfist’s BEST matchups are against Hanzo, S76 and Genji.

Likewise, I think that he’s fairly decent against Widowmaker, Ana (if you catch her by surprise), Roadhog (cancel his heal and hook) and Moira (you have 2 CD - you need 1 to kill her).

He’s also neutral against Reaper and Mei. You guys probably won’t kill each other.

But yeah, Doomfist has a lot of hard counters Mccree, Sombra, Orisa, Junkrat, Pharah, etc. Though, I usually have a lot of luck punching Pharah out of the sky, because she never expects you to hit her lol.

2 Likes

when you pop ult people are going to start running unless they have an movement ability they cant just change direction on the fly so if you land in front of them while their next to a wall they can only run back and theyll take fatal damage or die

yea lol these are all the points I was making. I don’t know why people don’t know this
watch bradito or chipsa to see what a good doomfist looks like it will help your playstyle a bit

So you are saying IF the target(s) runs near a wall.

Sadly, the Ult is so slow they can walk away from the kill zone and survive, especially when full health. Its simply not efficient offensively.

Even though your plan is good in reality pulling off the kill is not as simple as it sounds. Unless you catch the target(s) really unaware.

With the recent Hanzo rework he can Lunge also move out the way of Doomfist Ult. He is slowly but surely becoming more and more useless. The sheer amount of effort needed to kill someone is insane compared to characters like Reaper/Tracer/Genji. For the most part, I would totally be ok if they nerfed his damage to make him more of a bully type character.

1 Like

It is kind of like playing street fighter in an FPS game.

Only it’s like when you play 2D fighters and just randomly mash everything on the controller. It’s not really going to work.

On the flip side, he’s got combos. It’s the one reason that even with nerfs I was able to play him better than any other attack hero.

1 Like

its something you just have to see too understand and their are so many walls it generally easy after you learn how it works but just because your and offense charater doesnt mean you HAVE to kill something you can use it for so many different things and still be useful