Dont understand Brigs shield

Am I the only one who doesnt get Brigs shield? I mean damn, 200 hp on a shield gets absolutely demolished in 1 second nowadays.

Ive always thought the shield was weird…i dont know. Just kind of awkward I guess? How do you use it? To protect yourself or teammates or both or what?

3 Likes

IMO the shield is a bit too fragile atm.

But I get best use out of it when I use it only to protect myself or very rarely a vulnerable teammate (i.e. someone got slept). I try to feather it, toggling it on and off, so I block some of the damage without breaking it entirely. You want to be a bit judicious with it, not “default out unless I want to attack or recharge” like Rein does.

1 Like

Use it to allow yourself to get a free pass on what would otherwise be a one-shot or against a cc ability, but otherwise don’t expect it to protect you from more than a little bit of damage.

I’d recommend Violet’s guide from KarQ.

6 Likes

I’m fine with 200 HP now after the shield revamps, but darn me things go straight through it sometimes.

2 Likes

Think how much it sucks to be a 200hp hero with a crit box.

It’s meant to protect Brigitte, not tank damage.

I wouldn’t change anything about the hp.

MAYBE lower regen CD by 0.5s and increase shield break CD by 1. Gives a bit more flexibility in hp management but punish you harder if you let it break.

Ehh, I get what youre saying but I play dps and Brigs shield is easier to hit by a mile compared to a 200hp character.

And the whole point of a shield is to block Brig but whats the point of blocking yourself with something and it instantly gets deleted. Just seems dumb to me.

I just wish the shield activation was quicker. So you could block shatters like Rein can.

Yeah I would actually like to see a quicker regen time honestly

It wouldn’t be so bad if it didn’t stop you from using your SB when it’s broken as well. A faster deploy time wouldn’t be half bad. The visual of the shield is rather quick but there is some kind of transition from when it looks like it’s up and when it works. Many times hit lag caused you to die with your shield up from attacks from the front.

I think a nice touch might be if you shield bash it fully recovers your shield HP automatically. Giving you a auto refresh every couple seconds in addition to not stopping your SB.

There is also the issue where Brig really can’t do anything while it’s up. So in most cases blocking just stops you from healing. Which is why I never understood the shield nerfs. If brig had her shield up 24/7 she’s doing nothing for her team. You can’t throw repair packs or trigger inspire with it up after all.

200 HP really forces its management to an extreme for a melee character.

I’d say Shield Bash is the most value you will get out of her barrier, it’s for mobility and for stunning Ults, Movement abilities or reloads.

Thats an interesting idea. If you connect a shield bash then its regenerated. It would be a nice QOL change, and I cant see it making a huge difference since it gets deleted so fast anyways.

Its a quick use resource, you are not Reinhardt junior which the tank players who (ab)used Brig 1.0 used her for. Learn to shield flash and you find its actually quite useful.

2 Likes

Basically just use it to stop immediate burst damage or enemy cc, or to attempt to shield a teammate who may need it for a second or two. The shield rework totally changed how you need to use her shield (not arguing rightly or wrongly, just that it changed how you play it). The person above who called it a free pass against a burst/cc ability said it best.

Use it to block one shots or burst damage, like Soldier’s rockets. Not meant for sustain damage.

I agree, I don’t think the shield works as a shield, it’s just there so you can bash people.