Don't rework / revert Mercy

You don’t need to worry. Mercy will never receive another rework and definitely not a revert. Blizzard are only doing number tweaks to Mercy from here-on.

1 Like

Good opinion my dude, but.
I don’t think she’s fun or balanced at all.

I almost have 600 hours on Mercy (and Lucio – not combined) - her vanilla self on release was her best form out of all the iterations she’s had so far. (Well, after they let her move while casting res, anyway.)

Res on a cooldown rather than with some sort of reward doesn’t feel good. It feels cheap. And when she’s resurrecting, she’s stuck in one spot and very vulnerable, even when using Valkyrie - which is silly.
She should have complete mobility in Valk or at least a quicker cast time in Valk as well as more cast capability while using Valkyrie with a quicker cooldown for resurrect while in ultimate.

You know- similarly to how Valkyrie used to have two casts instantly granted? Something like that- just with a cast time that’s maybe… halved or so while ulting. That’d be more fun to play, IMO.

That, and giving her the 60HPS she originally had back. So she could be a better mail healer again and not a wonky not-either-main-nor-off-healer she is.

Dude you will always face a big backlash from having your profil private with this kind of statement.

I’m not an avid supporter of the Mercy “movement” but I do enjoy the character. I think she should get a rework, although I can see why the devs might be reluctant to try again. I hope they do, and if they do I hope they do something great with it.

2 Likes

As I said Early. I truly believe, with all my heart and soul, their exists an iteration of mercy who would be perfect. For me id like more valkerie (the norse mythos) motif and things like spears of light and all sorts of stuff. But then again most people want a main healer, so i can understand why they wouldnt like it, however, with a little imagination there a million ways to come up with new abilities that would feel fun and engaging and really make mercy feel less like a sidekick. All my heart. Honestly. If anything I think the devs were lazy by going back to an ult they scrapped.

1 Like

Mercy doesn’t need a rework, but it wouldn’t hurt to rework her again so more people enjoy her.

Also wouldn’t hurt if Blizz would actually listen to constructive criticism and use the PTR to display their ‘several ideas for Mercy’ without instantly shoving them to live whether or not their fans said they didn’t like it.

1 Like

the problem i have with valk compared to 1.0 mercy is the power level of valk mercy we saw how crazy it can be and it doesn’t take much just giving her slight power is bad which is why i think bliz even nerf her main heal they wanted to add it to valk to make it look better. 1.0 mercy was really close to being balanced they just need to remove invic off mass res(maybe add some counter play) and give her an E that helped her a little and boom fine. valk tho is alot harder give her instant res and it might be too much cuz no counter play give her a 2nd res and it might be too much. i’am glad some people still enjoy her sadly i don’t. for what valk was and what it is now its pretty sad to see how useless a main healer can be just cuz of over nerfing and lack of understanding on her kit. iam fine with valk staying or a revert either way they are both fun in there own right valk alot less. Mercy whole point is being a Main Healer which she really isn’t.

I think if Blizzard spoke up more about what they think, there would be fewer arguments on the forums.

2 Likes

I have no doubt.

I think your post is a joke. Mercy and balanced? She was a good healer. Was … Now she is just a shadow of herself like the game is. At the start from this game the healing job was important and blizzard never nerfed healers to the ground. Playing healer was fun. Now it’s just a burden and you are lucky if you survive a little bit. As healer you should have fun like every other hero not worrying about staying alive and have no impact

2 Likes

Don’t worry, I know you mean it :slight_smile: And there sure could be other ways to make her fun. I just have my own personal preference for exactly how.

Agreed. I wonder what the general reaction to getting a new ult might have been if they’d given it more thought.

And Blizzard doesn’t care about that discussions they still get money so they don’t need to worry

1 Like

I dunno about that - they don’t need to worry about a number of the people who still play but leavers don’t buy boxes. It’s not just about getting someone to make that initial purchase, it’s about keeping them spending. Or at least keeping enough people spending. I used to spend a lot on boxes, now I spend nothing :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’ll take it. Just please don’t make me babysit pharah and let me be a main healer again

Yeah I left the game in summer/autumn this year and never played the game for a second. I hoped that they would listen to the community but no as long as they money flows they don’t see a problem.
So i don’t support their bull sh it anymore

3 Likes

Fair enough, I left at the end of this year’s halloween for the same reason. Maybe if enough people do that they’ll change their tune. They may not care about whether we have fun or not - but they will care about their income.

2 Likes

Not the worst choice of action: vote with your wallet and feet – usually the most effective method. There are so many games on sale right now, I am enjoying those I either had no time for before or was unsure they were worthy of the full price… =)

1 Like

We must be playing a different game. New Mercy is fairly held back by an unearned resurrect ability on ‘E’ which self stuns her for nearly two seconds. New Mercy is less of a main healer and more of a side kick. Short of going Battle Mercy she really doesn’t offer much in the way of potential impact in fights (even with Valkyrie, but I don’t recall teammates generally caring whether Mercy has it or not these days).

If you really enjoy this bland and conflicting version of Mercy then I respect that, but just because you do doesn’t mean everyone else who doesn’t really then must adapt. We need to find a middleground for both those who are truly satisfied with this version of Mercy and those who aren’t satisfied. Let’s face it, they didn’t even engage in any feedback discussions when megavoids (opps I mean megathreads) were a thing.

3 Likes

Same goes for every clown who demands Mercy changes as if they speak for everyone who plays and enjoys Mercy.

“We who?”

2 Likes