Don't nerf Moira. She should be able to heal through enemy barriers

She already is in this current META

So? this will probably tip the balance and nerf Mercy or buff Moira, healing through barriers was a bug and it was recognized as such since launch

Just means that Tanks and DPS will have to adjust.

Really? I do fine with Moira but could be the elo.

Except Mercy doesn’t need a nerf and previous Moira didn’t need a buff.

1 Like

Agreed but the issue is, she is a main, close range healer. If someone is on a bubble but is IN her range, she should be able to heal.
Lucio has a speed song he can use instantly with no CD to get near and also wallriding and still he heals through barriers. Its unfair for Moira M1 to not heal through when the actual spray DOES go through.

1 Like

Except they do now, because balance shifted, that’s the beauty of progress, get on with it

So does Rein need a nerf even though he himself had zero adjustments that lead to his massive pickrate increase?

Here’s our little group.

Ana is in charge of tea, Lucio of music and Moira, well, she will find her place in the group of the ‘heroes who failed to compete with our golden girl Mercy’.

2 Likes

Maybe? time is our best friend and nothing is certain except understanding that balance is an on-going effort

Yeah… that’s a pretty offensive nerf. Absolutely zero justification.

I’m usually pretty open to new changes, but this seems very much like just unjustifiably poor design. That’s too bad, by and large Blizzard has good designers on their staff, but someone dropped the ball hard but letting this atrocity slip through.

1 Like

Coalescence still penetrates barriers, it’s an explicit perk of the ability. The bugfix is only talking about her primary fire.

1 Like

Why do you think Mercy should need a nerf? Why do you think the old Moira needed a buff?

I’ll correct myself, they might need a nerf or a buff correspondingly, that’s what I wanted to get through, if they do their stats will adjust accordingly, until then everything is speculation

“Fixes a bug that allowed Moira to do her job properly as a healer / support”.

This should be the right description in the patch note…

I’m really unhappy about this. At least they’ll most likely correct the current bug on the ptr that keeps Moira from healing a teammate from the sides of an enemy shield (even if the teammate is not really behind the enemy shield).

You can find clips of this bug on Youtube. It’s more shocking than Brigitte’s shield bash hit box before her nerf so I hope this will be addressed and not ignored just because Moira is a support (like Brigitte).

People often complain when supports are getting buffed but never defend them when they’re abusively nerfed (unless they’re supports themselves).

So when did people stop calling the Mercy rework a failure and start calling her the best healer? I must have missed that :frowning:

She has always been the best healer. The only people that still say that the rework was a failure are the people that are just way to attached to Mass Rez.

Previously people called the Mercy rework a failure because she was, and for some still is, way to strong

1 Like

Well damn I must have missed that. The last time I checked, everyone was calling Mercy trash tier. They we’re wrong of course. I hope people actually consider her to be as good as she is now. I myself don’t find her fun to play anymore, but I never doubted that she was still very useful and reliable.

I do, however, think that only one healer should be able to heal through barriers. It’s not fair to Ana if she’s the only one that can’t.