Don't nerf CC duration. Make it harder to land

i would suggest to make the FB like the genji dash. no cooldown needed for fb, but it will reset every time mccree gets a kill. CC is really intense ability, let players earn it.

Or the devs have looked at yet another one of my ideas and copied it :stuck_out_tongue:
Since I’ve been suggesting pretty much exactly the changes to McCree/Mei/Brig for months now.

Since Stun+DoubleHeadshot is cheese, and otherwise an excuse to make Brig less annoying.

It’s a common mindset that CC locking down your character is annoying, and overpowered if too common/accessible

1 Like

I’m not talking about the problem existing, I’m talking about the specific implementation to deal with it.

Those changes seem like multiple people would suggest them

Hardly anybody even knew the potential for a Mei double headshot combo even existed.

So I kinda doubt that the specific change of dropping the CC cooldown by two tenths of a second occurred to most people.

Will the devs ever tone down CC - #25 by GreyFalcon-11737

Ultimate freeze is already much weaker than her primary and her primary itself takes long enough for any hero in the game to out damage it, let alone counter with instant CC, escape with mobility, knockbacks, or use a shield. Mei’s freeze already offers far more counterplay than any other cc.

People overestimate this. Sleep dart has the same projectile size as nade, and is actually bigger than Mei’s secondary fire. Not that I think it needs a nerf because I don’t.

It’s also boring playing Orisa: Shield bot extraordinaire.

But shooting stuff isn’t boring.

So nerfing her halt and fortify, buff the barrier and buff the firepower, would be a lot more fun than just passively holding up a Rein barrier and hoping your DPS “do their job” and win the game for you.

This sucks so mich right now… every game Rein or we have a hard time… I dont want to nerf rein. Buff the other tanks that suck at tanking! So all exept rein and zarya…

Shooting shields is and I say that as an Orisa player, not a DPS player, because Orisa spends a massive amount of time shooting shields in a mirror matchup.

It doesn’t matter how hard CC is to land when heroes are sitting duck after the first one lands.

The problem with CC is how it stacks. We need diminishing returns ASAP.

2 Likes

Yeah, but I figure if you weaken Orisa/Sigma selfpeel a lot. Then the counter to barrier spam, is just to speedboost/Dive past the barrier.

Even threw in the idea that Discord ignores enemy barriers.

I’m ok with nuking cc as long as they nuke high mobility characters as well.

1 Like

You know what’s faster than high mobility characters?

1 Like

That currently is the strategy vs double barrier, and it’s why deathball is so effective right now (and deathball would counter stronger barriers yet weaker abilities even more imo). Zarya and Rein just run Sigma right over, and despite his abilities he is quite powerless. On the other hand, this counter does not help in the mirror matchup of Orisa vs. Orisa.

I don’t really know how people still call her a shield bot and boring because of it when it’s gone in a blink if you try at all to shoot it.

Obviously I disagree that she’s boring to play but I’m confused why the shield bot sentiment is still around. At this point I’d just call her a sitting duck…well, waddling. Can’t exactly sit when your barrier is gone!

True enough, but it’s not like Reinhardt vs Reinhardt is all that interesting during the poke phase either.

I think you misunderstood what I was getting at. Bringing up “shield bot” was specifically in response to the suggestion of shifting much of Orisa’s power over to her shield, which would do much into turning her into a shield bot for obvious reasons.

No, it’s not ideal. Better, but not ideal.

1 Like

Is it really though? Cause with Orisa, you can actively crack the other barrier, and as soon as it’s down it’s game time.

With Rein, you’re largely dependant on the rest of your team to do something to see any fun firepower times. Firestrike is okay, but usually gets eaten by Matrix/Grasp anyways.

1 Like