Don't Let Your Win Rate Get 53%!

I’ve been an high plat tank in OW1 (peak diamond), in OW2 i did something like 70-75 match trying to get out of bronze 5 and managed to reach silver 2.
I know it’s easy to not believe something if you are the one who hasn’t witnessed it, but it’s plenty of people here in the forums and my lobbies that play and don’t feel low elo players despite being stuck no matter what.

I would have never expected to say this but i genuinely think something is broken or rigged… i’ve played many competitive pvp games before and i’ve never complained, but here i’m noticing something is off.

1 Like

Imagine if IRL sports be like this… Everyone EQUAL.
And they are call this COMPETITIVE.

1 Like

Trolls and other creatures still trying to proof with just their own words that everything is just fine. It isnt.

Warn just sayd it in stream too: if you once win alot of games the matchmaker goes crazy to tryin to pull you off :smiley:

1 Like

Thats just a liew, so you mean i am a silver player?

Tbf, it is the best rank everytime i derank to just rank up again i have the best time in silver.

Chill games, noone gaf, easy carryable.

Idc what your rank is. I’m not shaming rank the thing is low elo players like blaming system- teammates instead of trying to improve. No one is going to carry your assh into higher ranks except you. 50/50 is logical then you reach your limits basically it becomes coinflip.

On my main account in OW1 my peak was 2400 in Role Queue and 2700 in Open Queue. I was able to reach 2700 on another account in Role Queue.

I’ve never seen Bronze 5 on this account. I placed Bronze 2 and climbed to Silver 4 after 7 wins. I had over 80% win rate.

I just went from Plat 4 to Plat 3 in Open Queue. And I had some pretty horrible games. Still, my average performance was good enough to bump me up tier. As long as you’re winning more than you’re losing and consistently putting out good stats you will climb.

So it’s difficult for me to imagine that a Plat/Diamond player would get stuck in Bronze on their main role. Unless you’ve experienced that Bronze 5 bug there’s something off about your gameplay that’s preventing you from climbing. It could be that you haven’t adapted quickly enough to 5v5. It could also be that you’re playing like a Plat/Diamond in Bronze and expecting too much follow up from your teammates. You just have to play a self sufficient hero and frag out. Don’t expect any support from Bronze players.

I brute forced my way out of Bronze on support by going Moira/Zen. I’m having more trouble climbing on tank (an off role for me). I haven’t adjusted to a one tank environment yet and I keep dying while making space because I expect my supports to follow me in but they just sit on point.

I used to believe the game was rigged myself. Once I stopped believing that I started to climb.

I’m not trying to convince anyone. Just sharing my experience. As someone who started in Bronze and was able to climb I’d say my testimony holds some weight.

3 Likes

it isnt forced 50%, if it was you would no one would be in GM. and the issue is not that. the issue is that it tries to give every player in a match as close to 50% win chance. which breaks the MM as you can get odd cases of a match that on paper you have 50% win chance, but in reality you dont. because there are factors that have not been considered.

Yes, i completed my placements with the bronze 5 bug still kicking in and i didn’t know it even existed lmao

I absolutely have zero reasons to lie because i’ve been always hypercritical about myself in my life, i’m disappointed not because i can’t climb with ease but mostly because i’m forced to play with people that don’t know what team play is.
Playing alone is not what i expect from a team game…
Don’t know if you get the point :confounded:

1 Like

That’s unlucky. But that’s part of the problem: you’re not the only Plat/Diamond who got that bug.

So you have a mix of new players, actual Bronze players, and higher ranked players such as your yourself down there.

I’m not calling you a liar lol. I just don’t believe the game is rigged because many people have been able to climb out of Bronze. I mean, you just described how you got the Bronze 5 bug. That isn’t rigging…it’s a bug.

If I’m misunderstanding your point please make it clearer to me. It’s not intentional on my part.

1 Like

You got it all right, i say it’s rigged because i see like when i have a slight chance of climbing i find those 3-4 consective match where i struggle to exit my spawn too.

I hope it will get better, somehow i still think OW is a relevant game for me and i’m giving it a second chance. For now.

I’ve had those string of bad games myself. My team was basically spawn camped by a smurf team running 3 tanks.

We tried to mirror the comp but we got diff’d. I actually faced them twice in a row lol. It happens.

The replay I posted above was the game before my 7th win. I got a Moira (the hero I’ve mainly been climbing with) who refused to heal. So I was forced to healbot on Ana. Maybe Mercy was the better pick there. Idk. My point is, a better support player could’ve carried that. I made plently of some mistakes.

The game after that I won and ranked up to Plat. Here’s the replay of that: 1NA3OH.

So yeah, I do think the mm will test you before a potential rank up.

I think people focus far too much on climbing and they forget why we’d even want to climb… The point of hitting your rank is to be able to have fair matches with people of equal skill. That’s not happening anywhere right now, whether you climb or not. Maybe a couple of decent games in one batch of seven wins while the rest are boring stomps. The matchmaking is so utterly garbage that ranks themselves seem to lose all meaning. What’s the point in separating plat and bronze if they get put into the same game anyway? If it was just an issue of distributing all the new players then wouldn’t the matchmaking have slowly gotten better 1 month in as people settle into their true ranks? Instead we have positive wr diamonds hardstuck in bronze and negative wr bronzes hardstuck in plat and all the other wild stories that have popped up on the forums. It might not be intentional rigging but at this point how is anyone denying that something is fundamentally wrong with the system.

6 Likes

Becuase the badge is a lie. All they want are the fastest turnaround queue times so people can grind XP for the battlepass.

They also did a study and found people want to curbstomp for a bit so they tweaked the algo to let you win 4 or 5 then bring you back to 50%. Issue is this is fine for QP. This is not fine for Comp.

I can’t believe there are people who feel smug-pride in calling conspiracy theories “nonsense.” If you don’t think the matchmaker is broken you don’t know anything about the matchmaker.

3 Likes

My favorite was all the shills saying the plat and below de-ranking to Bronze 5 was a skill issue.

Then they want to ignore that people are posting win rates about 70% and still in bronze 5 like they are the best devs on earth and there couldn’t possibly be another bug. My old stats are gone after the last patch so who know what else is broken.

I know quite a bit about the matchmaker; hence why I called it nonsense.

It is not even “only” “low elo players”. Streamer, overwatch 1 veterans, overwatch top 10 players - have basecally the same opinion as those “low players”.

If you got unbalanced matches because of lack of exp in a competitive game, you can´t carry it out, it is not possible to win a 3vs5 a whole game.

If it IS winable, the other team had basecally 0 chance to win the game, so vice versa your arguments are just for a bad mood.

Warn sayd in stream, just a view days ago.

“If you win too many games the matchmakers goes like crazy and try´s everything to get u off from that win”

He is a overwatch VETERAN. Aslong he has the same opinion as other “low player” here, they are basecally right.

wow, after years of having 0 information i found a mate who know how the deal goes.

Please share your secret information with us. Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

nailed. i wan´t to sweat the game, but it has to be fair. you would need to sweat 24/7 now, a huge ammount of games are rigged - people leaving even it the team was on the winner side.

Sweating 3:3 the whole match, to just get someone leaving because probably the games last too long, i dont know. it sucks.

nah, just a view games. but mostly the games are unfair and that is what it is.

If you put this together:

Team A:

Tank:
DPS: endorse 1 3 hours total of any tank on full account
DPS: endorse 1 a view hours total of any dps on full account
SUP: endorse 3 casual “vet” old player
SUP: endorse 1 50 hours total on DPS on full account.

Team B:

Tank:
DPS: endorse 3 overwatch 1 vet
DPS: endorse 3 overwatch 1 vet
SUP: endorse 3 overwatch 1 vet
SUP: endorse 3 overwatch 1 vet

This, is stuff… should be illegal…

it would make sense, if the ranks “understanable”. Like bronze support, avg. 8k heal. silver support, avg. 10k heal. gold 12k heal avg. as on.

But it is fully random, where people play at and i have no clue why.

If you compare dps, there are some mates having like 4+ kills per life and 20+ avg 10 mins. Same rank, 2+ and 10 avg mins.

How is there such a different in ONE rank.

Baptiste not hitting heal´s, ana not hitting heal, moira not hitting heal. Then + mindsetup, some mates are only DPS + not hitting heal.

Thats all together.

feels like the same as some companys, selling a beer for 20 dollars in rush hour. People will buy it, people will drink it. But someone will come and do it for 10 and people will stay there where they get fair services.

For the reputation of the game, they hardly failed. They could hold up overwatch 2 higher as overwatch 1 on release. But instead, the curve will drop down hardly instead of growing playerbase.

i have no idea why ore who those trolls are. Most likely they are themself a low ranked player just trying to argue with their own performance to keep others on their level.

Humans.

1 Like

Are there any specifics you’d like to know? I know a great deal about Overwatch’s server routing, the matchmaker, and how MMR functions.

Top level information can be found here: How Competitive Matchmaking and Ranking Works (Season 28+) (some info might be out of date though)

If there is something I don’t know I’ll gladly admit to it but I have been studying the matchmaker since 2016.