Don't buff mercy

YEAH, I got nerve damage from vehicle accident and a childhood disease, so it is harder for me to use her now than before. Doesn’t mean I don’t use her, I just don’t use heavy aim oriented Heroes like half the DPS roister (Widowmaker, McCree, etc). It also means that I do use other Heroes that are not so aim intensive like many of the tanks.

You see this is why we can’t have nice things on the forums when people say this…

6 Likes

Seems kind of off-topic to me, but I can only speak for myself when I say I have 0 interest in your personal life or character back story.

3 Likes

But that IS the point, not everyone who plays this game is 100% healthy.

• We have Deaf people playing, they just need to know when McCree is pulling a ‘High Noon’ with a caption (which the game is missing).
  • Color Blind people are enjoying the game thanks to that feature being added.
  • Many people gravitated to Mercy and Symmetra due to, like me, nerve damage and other types of physical handicap.

So being Blind and Deaf is more important than other physically handicapped people. Many who used to enjoy Overwatch till it started becoming “AIM IS GOD” in the game, and “MY SKILLS” (meaning aiming skills)…
There are other Skills besides just Aiming…

What more does she demand from her players that she didn’t before.
Personally I see her as much easier to play now.

1 Like

Not really. If they never changed her again I would be perfectly fine.

I have no problem keeping tanks alive. Anyways, why are you suggesting this to me like I’ve never heard of this idea? I’m the one who pitched it to Geoff last month and got this response from him:

No, I don’t. I disagree with people who make bad suggestions or ask for mass rez back. I’ve never yelled at, or “bad mouthed” someone for asking for realistic tweaks like 55 HPS, or making Valkyrie have a stronger main beam and weaker chain beams.

That’s subjective. She’s perfect for me. Like I said, if they never touch Mercy again, I wouldn’t shed a single tear, in fact I’d be perfectly happy playing her the way she is now for the rest of my life. 800 hours on her and counting, the number rises every day :smiley:

No character fits that criteria. No hero is fun for the people playing them at all ranks on all platforms. It’d be ludicrous and borderline delusional to expect a hero to be enjoyed by everyone. I hate playing Doomfist and Solider 76 and Reinheart but that doesn’t mean they need changes. I just play the heroes I really enjoy, aka Mercy.

Because they are bad at her. Sorry not sorry to say it. Like the OP says, good Mercy players are invaluable to the team and still carry games. Blink_Plz made an unranked to GM Mercy only challenge on Twitch last month, placed in gold, and one tricked Mercy to top500 in only 2 weeks. I recently got my third smurf account from diamond to GM with her only. Good Mercy players have no issue making her work, bad ones do, and that’s good, it means she has a skill floor/gap like all other heroes. Bad widowmakers can’t make her work either, that doesn’t mean Widow needs to be made better/easier just so the bad players can be good.

Lol what? Mercy does amazing in 5 DPS comp, that’s like, her best place to shine. She literally is meta in OWL with 4 DPS and a Hammond.

Personally, I never struggle with her on PC. I can play her as a main healer in any team comp, with no tanks, 2 tanks, 3 tanks, whatever. I make her work because I’m good :smiley: and Im very sucessful and happy with her !

5 Likes

55 hps per second isnt a qol change

It is a huge buff

5 Likes

And she is pretty much mechanically the same as she was prior to the rework, so I have absolutely no idea why you thought pulling the disability card would help your argument. It’s kind of a cop out if you ask me.

3 Likes

Wait so, you want them not to change Mercy because of the people that use her and not because of her kit that may or may not need changing?

Yikes.

But with the DPS creep, and not being able to keep Tanks up as well, it makes it harder to use her than say Ana (which with my nerve damage, I cannot use).

Because, unlike you, I can’t play when my body starts to betray me like most of last week.
You could probably be playing right now if you were not on here writing.
Currently, I cannot because my left arm’s feelings (touch, motion) are not up to par for it. It feels like my arm has been deprived of oxygen and is asleep, which makes even typing a chore.

I didn’t say that, though some would and could. I was just putting out that the game has gone away from Including everyone to only being about Aiming or the ‘GTFO of my game’ attitude that seems to be prevalent of late.

Mercy’s kit DOES need help, not just for people like me, but so that she is more viable for everyone.

1 Like

The OP is simply saying that many of the Mercy players complaining that Mercy is “bad” are in reality not skilled at her, and instead of taking accountability for their own lack of game sense, mechanics, whatever, they decide to use the nerfs as a scapegoat.

As a Mercy main myself, he is right. I see so many Mercy mains that play her incorrectly, that don’t heal or damage boost correctly, that have horrible positioning and movement and spend half of the game dying, or use rez badly and stagger their team, feeding the enemy ult charge, etc. and then they have the nerve to say “Well it’s because Mercy is weak, nothing I do will have impact”. It’s kind of aggravating to watch, to be honest. Meanwhile, there are actually good Mercy players who are thriving and carrying games, like the OP said, which just shows that the hero isn’t as “horribly weak and useless” as some Mercy players try to claim.

3 Likes

My personal favorite is when they have the heal beam on an ally who is at full health and then say they cannot damage boost or their team will die.

But they have to play that way to use their experience as a form of confirmation bias so they can run back to the forums and denounce Mercy in her current state.

2 Likes

The truth is scalding hot tonight :tea:

4 Likes

If I am healing say a Genji, and the rest of my team is healed, I switch to Damage Boost. But the way Damage Boost works now (thanks for the last Nerf to Mercy by the way) one better have it up right after healing or you will miss your chance to actually use Damage Boost.

• Reinhardt- keep beam on him and hope he Fire Strikes quickly.
  • Hanzo- forget using boost on his Ult, that was Nerfed.
  • Junkrat- same as Hanzo.
  • D. Va- Same as Junkrat and Hanzo.
  • Ashe- better boost B.O.B. quickly.

Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. That last Nerf really hurt Damage Boosting. OH, pardon me, that was a “Bug Fix” that has been with the game since day 1, and on PTR before game release (2 years wasn’t it? yes it was). Same with Boosting ‘certain’ Ultimates, which only was a problem on Hanzo after Grav was used…

1 Like

"Relearn "

What ?

Auto assisted aim still a thing.
Hold m1 and occasionally m2
Spam shift

Did i miss something?.

2 Likes

That reminds me of the Lucio wall riding nonsense that was “fixed” despite no complaints about it anywhere.

1 Like

No. Just to have some kind of ability to make a decisive play… like Zen, Lucio or Ana; a moment wherein a good well timed action by said hero could change the outcome of a fight.

As is the Mercy revamp feels a lot like if they changed Genji’s blade Ult to be a normal weapon strike with some added damage. That would still leave Genji “balanced.” But I guarantee you if the same happened to him that happened to Mercy they too wouldn’t like it just as much as Mercy players don’t like this outcome. They totally defanged the hero.

Mercy needs some kind of play making ability — even if all the rest of her kit stays the same.

4 Likes

My point exactly :grin::smile_cat:

Lucio however…that poor guy.

When pros say that Mercy’s kit is so limited that eventually you just have to drop her, then there is a problem.

No hero should be training wheels to be thrown away later.