Don't buff mercy

You don’t think denying all healing from all sources is not op? When contesting an objective it’s fair to say most of the time a good deal of your resources will be in the fight - she basicaly doesn’t just halve the healing from one source, it negates all the healing from multiple source including road hog. That on top of nano boost which basicaly gives a tank an extra life with extra damage. I don’t advocate for any healer to be streaks ahead of the others.

And why should aiming dictate that a particular healer be more powerfull First off your primary role as a healer should be to heal - so aiming should not be a primary skill in a healer otherwise you may as well play dps - soldier even. I get that some players want more challenge so by all means keep ana’s kit powerfull but don’t restrit other healers just because the method they heal is more efficient. In real life you don’t bring a knife to a gun fight, healing people y shooting them in the chaos of battle is hardly an efficient way to heal. So while I can appreciate that persons mechanical skill, they musn’t then come crying when they chose the harder route and failed to outheal a more efficient method of healing (they chose to have a challenge)

3 Likes

She’s doing all that since day one. Why do you play her anyway? And even if you don’t play her why do you even bother?

Just asking.

I agree with you. To be honest, Ana’s kit isn’t overpowered, they were tuned just fine. It was the other healers that is undertuned. Even Zen and Lucio who used to be in the same level as Ana is now has been significantly less effective since their nerfs.

Totally agree with you. If aiming is such a deciding factor on how powerful a healer should be then they should make all healer needs aim intensive. But we need diversity. And, playing Ana is not that hard. Her hitbox is incredibly forgiving.

I don’t think they should nerf Ana. I think they should buff every other healers instead. It will be much more fair that way.

1 Like

Back when there were only a handful of healers, CC wasn’t as prominent nor was burst healing/damage. Meaning Mercy could balance out her healing and boosting.

While now to some Mercy players it seems that she has to primarily focus on healing rather than using her other utility if she wants to stand a chance at main healing-or play her like an off healer to utilize her damage boost.

Cause FF use to play her and wants to leave feedback? Because a hero they use to enjoy they cannot?

2 Likes

I hope he still remembers the thread. Because it’s good to at least have QoL changes.

1 Like

Qol is fine. Doesnt have to be a buff. Btw, read this.

1 Like

Damage boost is actually neglected more because it only applies to projectiles ally is about to fire, not when they are flying
thank the nerf for that

Thread is moot, no one is buffing mercy, no one is nerfing mercy. these things only stir the hornet nest. The Devs WILL adjust Mercy if she gets threatened in her role as best sustained heals over the course of the match. In theory over a long match she should come out on top (comp depending). other than that issue coming up if it ever does…all of these pro/anti threads are bait for both sides despite the intent.

And how long has it been since that post?

And how long has it been since Michael Chu said that they would re-add the “onwards to victory” voiceline for mercy? He said in about a month or so like 3 months ago or more at this point.

The developers are scared of even doing that.

Plus, mercy is actually climbing up in pickrate right now as this emerging meta favours her heavily.

So like I said,

Atleast in any meaningful way. The most I can see is making Resurrect cancellable, but any actual buff? Thats a hard no.

Baptiste’s healing is more in line with mercy’s healing at 60 hp/0.8 seconds, this isn’t high enough to be called burst healing especially in the context of the average player as you have to aim it.

Bap is a poor healer for airborne and mobile targets such as pharah and genji as it can be very difficult to hit targets directly.
This on top of his regen burst on a 15 second cooldown - the largest cooldown of any healing resource in this game - makes him a poor burst healer imo as he’s only truly burst healing wheneven regen is up and hes not missing shots.

1 Like

Does this mean you are using two differrent forum accounts here?

it just means he misquoted when he replied me.

Don’t get any weird assumptions. i’m not that low to use multiple forum accounts to complement my posts.

well, as i say. some QoL is fine for me.

Umm, we got the guardian angel changes directly because of the feedback on these forums. This claim they were ignored is so obviously false i don’t see how you can claim it. Did they listen to all the people screaming for her to remain OP or revert mass res which is what the vast majority of the posts were? No, of course not because that directly contradicted what they were trying to do, nor do such temper tantrums deserve attention.

1 Like

Biased with the belief that those unsatisfied with current Mercy all want her OP, I kinda expected that type of reply though. Amusing. The point regarding the read post counters and the fact hidden profiles came in play soon after this was identified… I see that wasn’t addressed so I fail to see what is false about what I stated earlier. Furthermore, I know of no somewhat solid evidence to confirm that the guardian angel changes directly came from megathread feedback.

The Super Jump bug actually resulted from the backlash on their twitter. They removed it, and a lot of people wanted it back. So they reverted the bug fix.

I still consider it a bug, since it’s never been formally addressed in patch notes, like how Bunny Hop was.

In fact I also call the mobility while rezzing in Valk a bug too since once again it’s not addressed, and it was “fixed” on the PTR to be how it was before, and when those went through she was back to before the “fix”.

Exactly, it wasn’t the result of megathread feedback but instead feedback (backlash) on Twitter.

Mercy is still my favorite primary healer to have on my side most of the time. Always has been.

1 Like

For the most part, I don’t.

A couple reasons.

Firstly, I have a bit more than a passing interest in game design. I find the design of Mercy’s kit to be very bad and in need of fixing.

Secondly, I am probably more of a tactician than your average OW player. I enjoy picking last and picking whatever hero I think the team needs. There’s a problem with that though. You know the stereotypical “QP Team Comp” where you have 4+ DPS heroes and probably no shield tank? Mercy is the only healer in the game who’s design lends itself to healing that sort of team. Problem is that unless your teammates are incredibly good at not taking needless damage, (most aren’t) Mercy’s base kit does not have the throughput to keep up because her base kit has always been kept on the weaker side to make room in her power budget for Resurrect and now Valkyrie. Meaning… the only tool that I have to deal with a team comp that my teammates frequently come up with is not actually up to snuff at dealing with it because her power is in all the wrong places. That means that I can’t do what I like to do and pick last. Instead I have to insta pick a healer and that usually shepherds my team into a much better team comp. I’d really like to play OW by last picking, but Mercy’s current state prevents me from doing that.

Thirdly, I used to very much enjoy playing as Mercy. The fact that I have over double her QP hours than my next closest should show that quite plainly. I find that, while there is bits of fun to be had with Mercy, they all come from the absolute most wrong places when compared with how she used to play. So, I don’t really enjoy her anymore. I’d like to enjoy her again. I think they could get her back without too significant of changes… but she’s balanced and Blizzard seems to be incapable of looking past that.

2 Likes

And all of those decisions are simplified as a result of Valkyrie compared to Mercy’s regular non-ult kit. Valkyrie dumbs everything down. If you are really skilled at playing Mercy you typically get Valkyrie faster, and your skill is rewarded by 15 seconds where your tremendous skill isn’t really necessary. That’s horrible game-design. Skill should be rewarded and utilised, not penalised by having you suffer through boredom as a result of Valkyrie

4 Likes

I guess I don’t suffer through boredom for the duration of Valk. I think it makes your decisions even more important and making the wrong one will have more impact (assuming you ulted at a smart time).

I think there’s a lot more to Valk than any other Ult. Press Q and done, vs. make about 20 decisions throughout.

1 Like