Dont blame dps for everything

seriously. Not everything is their fault

They get blamed for role queue, for bad games, for losing, for throwers, all onetricks are now dps players apparently, all dps mains cant have an opinion on the game anymore for some reason, Long queue times instead of being that dps is the most varied role, with the most heroes that might pique someones interest instead of tanks or supports, its the fault of DPS mains for wanting to play the heroes they love.

Stop blaming DPS for literally everything

27 Likes

I played about ten games on my alt. I lost one as Symmetra while I had gold medals in damage elims and obj elims. I got flamed and we lost that game. Every other game we won I also got flamed. As a healer main dps is stressful even if you have all golds. I was playing on my 2k account and got it to Platinum tonight. So despite doing well I caught flack.

4 Likes

The funny thing is that exactly the majority of Tanks and Support do the troll-piks on Widow/Hanzo.

2 Likes

This forum has always been kind of a support/tank-echo chamber. It just got worse with role queue, obviously because it only enforces an ‘us vs them’-mentality.

Funnily enough, if the forums were an accurate representation of the whole playerbase regarding mains, DPS would have the shortest queues now with role queue. :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

A big part of it is.
You can also think the dps for the 222 queue too since if 5 dps in every match wasn’t so common, it wouldn’t be needed.

5 Likes

No. They get blamed for everything. you lose a game? its always the dps fault, you lose a fight? Dps, you lose a single healer “Why didnt you protect me” the tank dies “why didnt you kill them” its always the DPS’s fault. Period.

And its not fair, its not fair the shove 1 role into the corner when praising the other 2, Ive said it before, and ill say it again, Supports and Tanks are just as responsible of winning the game as dps, and when you lose, 1/3times its because of the dps, 1/3 because of supports and 1/3 because of tanks.

5dps queue wasnt common, i literally got 0 games with 5 dps queues in the entirety through seasons 13-17. And i played in gold, plat, diamond, and masters.

Everyone got on the forums to complain how they get 5 dps queues all the time when they get 1 single game of it.

Which is most of the times easy to get rid of, ask them to change, be nice, dont scream “OH MY GOD YOURE SO BAD CAN YOU CHANGE” like half the tank and support mains do whenever they get a bad-ish comp, or just try to play with it.

3 Likes

I agree.
It’s insane how people blame other roles, especially DPS.
In all the games I tend to lose, everytime my teammate supp and the tanks starts blaming the DPS even when they’re (or I) doing a poor job.

It’s like it’s always the DPS fault even when they’re not supported correctly or when the tanks are not making space.

If someone starts to suggest it’s the tanks or supports fault, they starts to scream to report the DPS, it’s insane. (I always play supp)

It’s like tank and supp mains are taking their revenge on DPS.

Also, it’s funny how everyone blame everyone but no one tries to work as a team, as the game is intend to. (E.G.: losing because my tank overextend or go alone without healing, losing because lucio is flanking but no, it’s Hanzo’s fault).

Damn Plat is fun.

8 Likes

Had more games with 4 main tanks blaming each other for not doing their job than 5 dps. I usually saw 5 dps on QP. Also, 3 mercy otps on the same team. Those were good times.

4 Likes

But all this happened because of the people who picked the 4th and 5th dps

5 Likes

To play a team game as team, are you insane? Blocked, reported and avoided. Good luck getting farmed, since you’re not killing anything!

/s

5 Likes

Exactly this in my games in plat recently.
The team does not group up and they’re going one by one, Sigma solo ult the enemy team and gets killed and be like “Soldier wth? Why didn’t you killed them?”.

I’d love to have a nice talk with players like that to understand why they’re hating so much on DPS mains.

1 Like

Because people think that the game is still in season 5 where it was the dps’s job alone to kill the enemy, because they were far superior to do so, but now we got so much more damage on supports and tanks that theyre just as capable of killing the enemy, and in some cases even better.

But the mentality that DPS has to be the main killer in the team is so far fetched.

Because whenever the dps isnt supported correctly the Healer mains give the same excuse “Youre too far, youre behind a wall, you move too much” When you could be next to them.

Its stereotyping dps so bad when you think that every dps just wants to dive and die and then scream “OMG WHY DIDNT YOU HEAL ME”

This is the reason most days i play 1 game of dps, and opt in for support afterwards, because constant hate, even when youre doing your job gets on your nerves man.

6 Likes

Yeah right. where are they now? it is the dps queue times that are high not the others.

2 Likes

Theyre on the forums screaming that dps are bad

1 Like

Out of your elo, probably.

1 Like

Seems like it is just your elo cuz the top players have the same issues with the queue times

1 Like

The top players can have a 10 minute queue for support aswell

1 Like

ofc they do but they all queue for dps.

You know all the “flex” mains who were “forced” to play support before are now onetricking dps for pettiness sake

Well, be gratefull, then. Everytime you lose, you can blame the DPS. Everytime you win, you carried the game.

People who avoid to take responsability into the game they are playing are usually what makes a defeat.

4 Likes