Don't be fooled by them. Mercy is still a main healer and a good one

Winston would have to hold left click on a 200hp hero for 20 seconds to kill them.

7 Likes

Not most DPS, they can’t. Widow would be the obvious example but most DPS can do waaaaay too much damage to outheal.

Um, Ana can sleep him easily since he’s enormous and anti-nade him. All that while dealing damage.

Winston is rated as one of, if not the lowest, damage-dealing character in the game. And he can stop Mercy healing by just holding left click.

12 Likes

Oops, it all went right into his shield.

2 Likes

You know, Lucio Zen compositions were most definitely a thing, and one would be functioning as the healer that mainly focused on a tank. The argument that “troll” gave you was really NOT a troll. A lot of players use healing as a crutch for bad play, and because they aren’t able to deal enough and are taking A LOT they opt for more healing to cover their mistakes.

In the more recent metas this isn’t the current case, as burst damage and the tanks ability to do much at all thanks to powercreep, this method is currently not viable most of the time vs say a hanzo doomfist combo or a brigitte since she stalls tanks out so much that they need more health overall.

But if you are talking about pre brig and hanzos rework, more healing was used as a crutch for bad play, and that guy wasn’t a troll, he just knew something you didn’t. Not to say it’s NEVER viable now, it’s just reduced by the popular team compositions right now. I think your overwatch or overwatch central has a few videos on this topic. But it’s not a troll. It’s actually devastatingly good as a tactic to run high utility low rate healing for convincing wins, and two teamwipe preventing ultimates as long as your supports can charge them fast enough your team will have a pretty massive advantage.

Do you consider Lucio the be a main healer?

Most people I run into don’t.

He’s fully capable of tossing as much or more healing than Mercy, Moira, and Ana but, that’s not sufficient to count for many players because his single target healing is too low.

It raises an interesting question of how much healing/s do you need to be a main healer.

Does the line for main healing start @ 35? ,40? , 45?, 50?, 55?, 60?

We know it’s not @ 30 as Zen heals for that much and he isn’t considered a main healer.

Mercy’s single target healing is now 50 vs Ana’s 75 / hit and Moira’s 80/s.

Unlike both Ana and Moira Mercy’s kit has no additional ability that provides healing.

2 Likes

You know, the ranks you expect mercy to be the best in

Barely positive in diamond and gm not even .5% above 50, negative winrate in masters, “not too bad”, literally lowest winrate in those ranks except diamond where she’s .08% above roadhog but still second lowest, third lowest winrate in the entire game, and did I mention that was this months stats? This week is the same but hey, we can use this month stats now

4 Likes

She shield he deploys after he jumps you? which makes it easier to sleep him since he’s right in front of you? You are going to need to choose if he owns her while diving her or she’s trying to heal someone. Oh wait, you won’t because you said

Oops thats not any time.

True.

If the winston misplays REALLY BADLY, that is the only time ana should have a leg up on a winston. Winston if he jumps to the right location and pops down a barrier, he can barrier dance, the anti is unable to penetrate shields, and even if ana tries to walk into your barrier for a sleep dart, chances are since it’s telegraphed you will find it easy to dodge it and make it just hit more shield again and she will die. Ana vs Winston doesn’t play out well for Ana.

Her healing does feel slow, i played mercy for a while after her latest nerf and i kinda feel more of an off healer than anything

she cant reliably soloheal as before, sadly

3 Likes

Yeah, if you played Ana at all you’d know the encounter is hugely in Winston’s favor. Ana doesn’t completely lack counterplay but the Winston has to mess up really badly to lose.

Nah I’m not hoodwinked by mercy mains, I formed my own opinion regardless of mercy mains by playing her a lot myself and I think her hps is far too low to operate as a main healer anymore.

Sincerely, a dva main.

7 Likes

No, but his sustained single-target healing is lower than Zenyatta. He is not effective at keeping a main tank alive, which would generally be the role of the “main healer”.

Mercy’s healing is the most reliable in the game, and is sufficient to keep a tank alive in most viable situations. There are some situations where you would have been better off as Ana or Moira (i.e. if the tank were just barely burst down, or a moira orb or sleep might have changed the course of a fight), and there are situations where they would have been better off as Mercy (if a barrier were interfering with healing los, if the fight is sustained enough for Moira to run out of ‘juice’, if there is an opportunity for a fight-altering res).

I do not believe this statement is correct. Mercy has [at least one more] ability for additional healing, even discounting the ultimate. Undeniably her own self-heal qualifies, being a greater heal rate than Lucio’s non-boosted aura. Additionally resurrect can restore an immense amount of HP to the field, but that is debatable as to whether or not it qualifies as “healing”.

Honestly, if we go low skill - medium skill - high skill , I’d expect gold and plat to be the place Moira was in the lead. Which she kind of is.

Actually Zen’s healing is the most reliable. You can have a harmony orb active pretty much at all times.

This is a misunderstanding/misinformation. Mercy’s healing was raised because she couldn’t compete with Ana’s insane healing at the time.

10 Likes

And that was way back in the day when ana had 200% healboost instead of 150%, and mercy wasn’t as mobile by FAR. Now she is FAR MORE mobile, Ana isn’t what she once was, and we can’t use the statistics on overbuff because it’s basically a meme quoting those stats because the site was ruined by private profiles taking stats out meaning they could just be wholly wrong, and the old patches were done for certain reasons at certain times because the situation was different and by no small margin.

2 Likes

I just wanted to say I think this is a fair opinion, but I don’t agree with it. Given the low rate of his healing I would not consider the two in the same category, but what makes his healing less reliable than Mercy’s as that he faces the same problems Ana faces: he cannot keep as reliable healing position as Mercy, and he cannot heal through barriers (though Harmony Orb will remain on a target when it passes through a barrier, it cannot be refreshed through one) - not even Transcendence passes through barriers.

… which got changed pretty quickly - but why would you ever mention that, right? Half truths to push a narrative work so much better.

9 Likes