Don’t Kill Symmetra

Out of all the current heroes in the game, yes, only the healing supports are actually supports.

Unfortunately yeah even though they had another form of support. The developers are just too slow to think. They focused on Mercy for a whole year lol…so sad.

If you take Sym out of the picture, it does. She’s the only non healing support, she is the rule and the exception.

Depends when you have a shield type support. You’d expect them to improvise on the matter to make it better. What do we get? Take her old ability and put it as a ultimate. Great thinking there Overwatch developers. You made a Support hero work for support.

Thats trolling. Its Sym 3.0, that guy just refuses to accept it.

1 Like

Supports provide Sustain.

They can do it via healing, or armour, or (Sym 1.0) shields, but the core function of Supports is to provide Sustain in fights.

DPS
Tank
Sustain

That is semantics, but I like the idea of giving nicknames to different versions of the same character, and IMO, typing “Sanjay” is a lot easier than typing “Sym 3.0”, and the lack of a dot don’t mess up with my stupid punctuation autocorrect.

The fact that I also agree that Sanjay is basically a different hero with the same concept is a happy coincidence.

1 Like

uh no typing sym 3.0 is much more clear and less confusing
not everyone reads lore (i do but i rather try to sound less confusing to make my point more clear)

1 Like

So you finally recognize Symmetra was an hybrid. Kudos. Her healing came from the shield hp that regenerated after combat instead of during which it should of been. Nevertheless her old E ability was nerf because of Genji and Tracer. In other words they killed their creative different form of healing support hero because they did not know what to do with her though they had all the feedback from rework til now. All that constructive feedback to make her viable and what does Jeff and his team does? Make her completely dps and scrapping the designs making something new.

Even if she’s successful as a defense. They pretty much killed her existence in support because they lacked vision.

Nah, its pouting, and trolling, especially by JangBahadur, that person is melodramatic in the extreme.

Indeed.

Light Beam Gun? Yep.
Turrets? Yep.
Right Click Orb? Yep.
Tele? Yep.

Its still Sym.

1 Like

They aren’t “killing” sym, they are trying to buff her because so many people have been complaining about her being weak. It’s strange, Sym mains complain about her being weak and yet posts like these are still common.

1 Like

Hybrid is not a thing.

Sym 1.0 was a Sustaining Hero. Hence, Support.
Sym 2.0 was not, only via her Ult. Hence…a nothing.
Sym 3.0 will have higher damage contribution, and utility while providing zone control. Hence, Defense.

Its not complicated.

If you do not provide Sustain in your normal kit, you are not Support. That is not to say hero’s that have some sustain in their normal kit ARE support (Ref: Soldier, Torb) however it is a requirement for filling the ‘Support Slot’ on a team, that you provide Sustain.

Sombra 1.0 for example, would have been a Support as her damage was so pathetic and her value was Health Packs, and being an EMP Bot.

1 Like

A buff is within a spec. A buff isn’t swapping roster. This is a brand new product.

1 Like

Enough obviously we’re not going anywhere and for the fact you said hybrid is not a thing made me lose interest in your explanation even more. You just don’t know Symmetra then. I will take it as that.

1 Like

I get that, but Sym mains have been saying she was the worst character in the game and needed major buffs or a rework. I just find it odd that now that Sym is getting those changes people are so quick to dislike them, without even playing them.

1 Like

Feel free to explain how hybrid is a thing, within the function of how the game is actually played, that is not constrained by the roles of Tank, DPS, or Sustain.

I’m sorry, but what?

??? how much time do you have on symmie
you made me curious

It’s not that they dislike them. Most don’t like the direction where’s it’s going. They would of preferred Overwatch developers to improvise on her support side doing something with her shield abilities. Unfortunately the best thing you can get out of Symmetra was damage and security.

It’s both actually. The flaw in her kit design created an issue within the community.

This is not at the fault of her kit design. Number tweaks and not being favored in the meta are what plagues Ana currently. Not a design issue. I hear often in my matches, “She is not good right now. Can we get a Moira?”. She is well designed, but not favored by the meta right now.

Sym on the other hand has never been favored by the meta. She’s never been a top pick aside from maybe King’s Row point A defense in the early seasons, but even then she was considered a troll pick.

It has nothing to do with her character or people “not getting it”. As she is currently, she doesn’t fit well into Overwatch. Of course some players still like her kit and will play her anyways, but to not see her glaring issues compared to the rest of the roster is just ignorance.

2 Likes