Doesn't this sound familiar?

http s://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/7cff0b/seriously_i_paid_80_to_have_vader_locked/dppum98/?context=5

“The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment…”

2 Likes

OP’s link.

2 Likes

Thx.

Level 3 is a real pain, especially after you lose it for seemingly no reason.

1 Like

No prob.
And yeah, I feel ya…
I don’t make half the jokes I usually would nowadays, cause I’ve seen so many loose the level for even the slightest things

1 Like

Even some of the Greats like JellyandJam lost level 3 a while ago, only to get it back a month or so later.

Over 8k posts, they’ve only gotten suspended once at the time they told me about it, and were still level 2. Doesn’t make sense.

Anyway, we’re getting a bit off topic my bad!

1 Like

I know Blizzard has their faults, but comparing them to EA is a bit of a stretch, man.

1 Like

I mean, comparing them to EA is a bit of a stretch, but atleast EA had the ability to tell us what was happening and make any chance within 3 months.

Seriously, EA almost immediantly went into action about the battlefront issue. Meanwhile, players all across the internet have been begging for Sombra, the dedicated counter to this horrible meta, to come back. Yet Jeff has been silent. For 3 months.

That is not the way I remember it, and I am a huge battlefront fan. They were practically forced back into a wall with the amount of backlash and negative publicity they were getting. They had the single most downvoted post in reddit history for pete’s sake. And that was over in-game power altering (pay to win) micro-transactions. Yes, I am very frustrated with Overwatch’s ridiculously slow balancing patches too, but I think we’re comparing apples to oranges here.

That’s all I’m saying.

What is it that “sounds familiar”? Just starting an explanation with the phrase “the intent”?

1 Like

The fact they made a huge mistake and are refusing to acknowledge it directly.

EA took a few weeks to directly acknowledge it. Blizzard is taking months.

But you’re quoting a message that acknowledged their “mistake” (what was seen as a mistake at the time) and overreacting to it within a few weeks of it happening, compared to an EA message basically denying that anything was wrong.

This is quite a stretch.

No No No.

This quote was from after her buffs and before her nerfs.

Immediantly after what I quoted is “we’re keeping a close eye on her to make sure she lands in a good place” but they haven’t said a word since. She’s dropped to literal F-tier. She’s the worst playrate and win rate average in the game.

They’re not addressing her just like EA didn’t address the real problem.

comparing Blizzards sombra nerf/buff to EAs lootboxs yup when you know your reaching far is when you compare a small thing to somthing as big as lootboxes.

Activision Blizzard is basically turning into EA with the next Cod that will be released, I’d say the stretch is getting smaller.

Blizzard isn’t making COD tho activision basically just asked them to help with the PC release. Blizzard still has no control over whats put in or how it is made.

1 Like

TIL that lootboxes are big compared to the balance of the game.

But okay, sure. Balance is small and items that change how balance work is big. /s

Those are two entirely different subjects all together. EA was justifying the ridiculous cost of unlocking a main character, Blizz wanted to nerf Sombra by dialing down her hack ability that became way too easy to pull off, but still keep her relevant (which kinda backfired due to bugs).

So no, it doesn’t sound familiar to me. At all.

1 Like

I don’t think you understand what the lootboxes was all about. It was the price and how it was pay to win. That basically you either had to grind for 1000s of hours or pay $500. Yet that compares to something small as omg sombra can sometimes hack through walls. Yup Blizzard is such the devil we should boycott there game.

Omg thank you SilentStorm you are the best.

1 Like

As far as it seems, though they are technically one company, it seems like the activision part of the company does their own thing, and blizzard does theirs. The blizzard end of the company does not seem to have any input on what happens with COD.