Does this count as an official mercy response?

Until they saw the pickrates drop.

I was referring to the last time he spoke on the subject…it was in the forums but ask the people on here and they pretty much write it off…so I’m curious if this one counts…i mean it was a direct response to a question about her…so maybe?

This man is amazing.

Probably one of the best human beings in the whole history of humanity.

Ah, the response.

I thought this was talking about how many Mercy posters thought this nerf wouldn’t really do anything.

Then two weeks later are trying to say she’s a throw pick.

At least this one is good news right?

Yeah probably.

Now the devs can fix other heroes:
Stuff grey is thinking about

Reffering to January’s nerf my dude, they said they were “done” with her then too yet here we are looking at the sixth nerf set not counting that lovely little “bug” fix

It’s almost like her pickrate changed dramatically between February and July.

Exactly.
So that nerf was sledgehammer and didn’t work yet it got people up in arms about an unfun hero
Can you confirm this nerf won’t be circumvented just like tht last ones once the tank players and Mercy players adapt to the lower healing?

Nope, but I think the issue with previous nerfs was that any resurrect was better than no resurrect, and Mercy had extremely high healing and survival.

This time around, Mercy actually has tradeoffs relative to other healers.

I plan to listen to the audio in the video clip tomorrow, but from what I understand Jeff said “I think we’re done” ?

If so then I’m wondering if he could also mean “I’m busy right now and can’t talk”. That is something someone can often say to conclude a conversation/discussion.

Regardless it’s still not a direct response, it’s an indirect response. A type of response similar to the few replies he made on here about Mercy which weren’t directly posted in the megathread initially.

Absolute madman

So ignoring the fact that this nerf required the nerfing of half of what blizz wants Mercy to be known for so they could make room in her power budget for an ability that spits in the face of the other half

Ignoring that failure

You cannot confirm these nerfs will work.
Thus This off hand comment cannot be taken as an official statement. It was made in an off the cuff manner long before stats came in

1 Like

Sure if a conversation had taken place…not sure that applies here…I think he legitimately answered a question that he was posed…perhaps insincerely…but it was a direct response to a question…and a good one if you’re in the mercy camp no?

Question is can we take this one at its literal value…cause apparantly it doesn’t apply to the one we saw on here back in Jan/feb

I can’t predict the future, but I think they are done.

I heard ‘(chuckle) You think we’re done?’

Like some evil anime boss rising out of rubble and destruction.

1 Like

Lol…you fiend…it’s Jeff…not Mei

So neither of us can confirm.

In this thread I am literally jus saying no this is not official, as Jeff dosen’t even know if they are done yet because if people do circumvent these nerfs and rez meta remains they will change her.
I like to hope it’ll be a rework but knowing them it’ll just be that GA change lazy as always.

Overbuff data needs to show more of the timeline than 6 months. It’s very deceptive and doesn’t show the whole story of the character when it only covers 6 months.

Almost on the same level of the people claiming “She’s balanced now” about 6 nerfs ago… just to come back 3 days later to claim she is OP again isn’t it?