Does jeff thinks CC is only stuns?

Explain please. If you boop someone into mid-air and got back to the same spot. Why its a buff?

It negated the ability to use your existing momentum to control how you got booped. Holding forward or backward while being booped at the time could significant change where you got booped to.

Certain abilities also used to override the boops, such as dva boosters (which she now actually gets booped back from).

2 Likes

It also made it easier to boop away a rezzing mercy but I don’t want to say it was a 17th indirect nerf… or do I hihihihihi

1 Like

It had been always before the air-movement. Im sure, “dspstanky” if you know him, had explained about that long before the introduction. Can check on old videos.

Air-Movement is just removal of global midair-root which affect on knockback.

Mei’s freeze is CC, but it isn’t a stun. Initially, it’s a slow. And then it’s a freeze. Just like Junkrat’s trap isn’t a stun, it’s a root.

9 Likes

that’s hard cc
at least knockback actually lets you control your character

He’s right though. She has a slow and a freeze, not technically a stun.

There is a big problem with the statement: things that annoy players are a problem. That problem is that its been proven that players are happy when they win and annoyed when they lose. Things that cause me to be unable to win, be it at the game or even the smaller victory of killing/healing the person I am trying to are annoying. The only way to remove all annoyances is to buff whatever hero I am on and make me an unkillable god.

Basically if something gets in the way of your winning, people find it annoying. Dark Souls is VERY annoying, but that does not make it bad.

1 Like

Define “stun” for me?

Because “technically”, even jeff kaplan is calling it a stun.

1 Like

Perhaps we’re not referring to the same patch, but in general it made boops WAY stronger.

3 Likes

I play some of the heroes nerfed and do not care. I find anything that hinders my ability to win annoying but I do not advoated for nerfing them. I find Syms turrets annoying but am fine with their existence. Annoying !=bad. Not getting to play the game is bad though. Strawmanning is also bad but I will let that slide.

Aside from the animation (i.e. turning blue and stopping in place, versus a pow animation) could you please explain to me how being frozen is functionally different from a stun?

5 Likes

Losing control of my positioning is also bad but again, you only care about what is bad for you not for me. Knockbacks need to be gutted too if we are really dialing back on cc

Junkrat’s trap isn’t a stun, correct. It’s a root and it stops mobility, but it doesn’t stop you from using other abilities. Zarya’s Graviton Surge is the same, with a few exceptions.

The Freeze of Mei interrupts all abilities. That makes it a stun, makes it hard CC. Yes, it’s a slow at first. But being frozen is a stun, because it’s the interrupt of every ability.

He can call it whatever he wants, there’s a difference. Stuns are applied instantly and freezes are applied by stacking slows and don’t apply instantly.

There’s root, silence, knockback, stun, slow… All are CC. A freeze isn’t a stun, but it has a lot in common with a stun. In some games, your cooldowns won’t refresh while frozen, but will while stunned. I don’t think that is the case in Overwatch though.

Stuns are applied instantly and freezes apply gradually via stacking of slows.

Good. They are the most OP ones. At least you can still fight back enemies during knock backs/ups and slows… contrary to stuns.

1 Like

Not the same patch. It seems we had a misundertanding.
Air-Movement came to Januar 2018 and 1.34 is from March 2019.

Yeah, look at Previous Patch how big nerf was. I forget we have buff (man, i didnt play 2019 much)

1 Like

Apparently wrecking ball running you over and doublebooping you through the whole map into your death while lucio skating on walls and booping your tanks not named reinhardt into the well several times till somethign sticks is not worth consideration. =p