Does doomfist take skill

I detest DF he requires very low skill even I jumped on him after a few games I was flying around beating on lesser mobile heroes, then again I also hate similar skilled heroes for example Mei or Sym

On master/gm it takes skill becouse people can aim

1 Like

If there is an op hero,abuse it.Everytime when a new patch is coming there will be a new op hero.And why not abuse it to boost your sr when all top500 are doing unranked to top500 challanges

He difinitely need skill, problem is that he is very tanky while very deadly and mobile at the same time.

Jumped on DF today. While I got a couple kills with him (fisting people in a wall isnā€™t hard, esp in some maps) I gotta say I by no means could maneuver about like other DFs in plat which overall made me really easy to be shot.

One of the most. He is one of the hardest to play heroes in the game.

Because abusing OP characters to climb is not competitive at all.

1 Like

Then play the weakest and stay in your rank forever

Personal opinion is he has a high skill ceiling but very low skill floor. It doesnā€™t take much to get value out of him(rocket punch every four seconds, uppercut+ slam to get out) and his basic ā€œone-shotā€ combos arenā€™t hard to learn, but a practised player will get far far more out of his kit. Knowing rollouts, rocket turns, other movement skills as well as timing of engaging etc.

3 Likes

Go into the training range and see how CLOSE you have to get to the bot before you actually it them. The hitbox on rocket punch isnt all that big and has a finite range. Widow on the other hand can still get value even if not landing headshots. She can 2 shot body shot you from literally any range and if she stigma for landing bodyshots wasnt so garbage you KNOW people would be doing it. Roadhogs hook is literally the same thing as Dooms rp, a one shot on a cooldown, and its on a eight second cooldown instead of a four, and you wanna know why? BECUASE HE AINT THROWIN HIS WHOLE BODY AS THE PROJECTILE.

Roadhog also feeds hard. Getting a pick isnā€™t worth it if you give the enemy genji dragonblade in the mean time and he kills 3 with is, is it?

You are ruining this thread bro. Donā€™t bring facts or truth hereā€¦delusion is what this thread thrives on.

2 Likes

Every OW hero takes skill. How much skill they take is dependent on the meta and the current strength of their kit.

Itā€™s hilarious when you respond to the thread poster calling them out and they just ignore you.

1 Like

i actually didnt ignore it i linked the screenshots on twitter for people to look up the stats of the account i climbed on and didnt address anyone else saying anything

Yes. Doomfist takes a lot of skill. While Iā€™d argue that his skill cap was lowered a bit by the cooldown buffs he received earlier this year, heā€™s still a really hard hero to play. You do have to invest a lot of time to learning his combos, recognizing when youā€™re feeding, and when to pull out, and which targets are worth going for.

To give you an idea, I play him a lot in QP, and take him out into comp every now and then, and I still feel Iā€™m not good at him. Remember, for every Doomfist whoā€™s hard carrying and tilting the enemy team, thereā€™s two who are a waste of a team slot and serve as ult charge for the enemy. Thereā€™s no middle ground with Doom: youā€™re either hard carrying or hard throwing.

Tbf, every hero in Overwatch takes at least some skill (some more than others). Doomfist however, is, at least in my opinion, one of the hardest heroes to learn.

Doom takes skill in that you need to know how to rotate his abilities and get used to cooldown timings - so you can get in, kill, get out and repeat.
Crappy Dooms blow cooldowns and die.

OP posted yesterday with a clip claiming they were hacking
They guy in the clips was very obviously not hacking. His play was what an average Plat aim looks like
It was sad OP actually thought the giy was hacking.
So he lies alot is what Iā€™m getting out of the 2 posts Iā€™ve seen of his.

1 Like

Also, simply not playing Doom for awhile can really ruin you more so than with most other heros(In my experience)
I had 70 hours on Doom, didnā€™t play him for about a month, came back and played him like I was a silver(Was Plat prior to leaving him for awhile)

1 Like

doomfist does take some skill, but his balance is offset by rocket punch, a pretty easy, braindead 1shot that gets near free value no matter how garbage u are.
I think that is where the doom problem arises.

1 Like