Does anyone find it strange that players severely thins out at Diamond?

Diamond and up is only 10% of the entire playerbase so it makes sense?

1 Like

Not really, diamond is like the top 10% roughly. And half of that is smurf accounts from master’s and GM who don’t want to hurt their mains rank.

Yeah, there’s a noticeable difference between an actual 3.2k player and a 2.9k player

I see different people after like every third match idk

people just get into diamond then park the account and only do placements for comp points.
then they go play on a lower alt. get rid of decay below gm and more people would play on their diamond accounts.

1 Like

Unless somethings changed since when it was posted last, you have roughly 2.5x as many people in Platinum as you do in Diamond.

1 Like

Where is this info. Coming from? I keep seeing people say that.

I thought this was an XBL-only occurrence.

Thats how the sr distribution works. Not very many people in the extremely low or high ends and there is gradually more people as you get towards the middle area (somewhere between gold and plat I think).

1 Like

This is why mid-ranks are such a cesspool.

57% of the population should not be in 2 ranks (gold and plat). Bronze needs to grow, diamond needs to grow. Adjust the rewards accordingly.

1 Like

I’ve never found diamond to be any better than plat.

1 Like

When you’re at the top 10% of ranked players, it becomes a pattern to see regulars there I guess

Bronze is still the best rank. Not because of lack of skill. The fact anything goes. It is the rank that players remember it’s still a game. It is suppose to be fun.

1 Like

Diamond is top 14%
Plat is top 39%

Thats why plat is such strange rank. Diffence between top 20% and top 40% is rather huge.

1 Like

No one else cares about OPM here, but I see you, buddy.

1 Like

That’s where the stats come from.

yeah but why, it should feel rewarding to be in diamond, it should’nt just be the FOUR MIDRANKS (Silver gold plat and diamond)

The more midranks there are the worse it would feel to rank up

Anecdotally speaking, many players on my friends list seem to climb to diamond-ish then stop playing for some reason. Sometimes I meet people saying they’re my old friends on new accounts, but again they climb to diamond-ish and stop.

I think it’s skill creep… most gold players skill level is what diamond and masters was 2 years ago so unless you are exceptional you are pretty much stuck in the rank you are in.

1 Like

Thank you! I thought people were using old stats from like 2 years ago i see now.