Does anyone else forget they have weapon charms?

The only time I ever see or notice mine is when I am playing Brig. Idk they seem kinda like they are not worth it.

I will say this till i die:
Souvenirs and weapon charms were not needed, emotes will always be 100 times better than those things. Thats my opinion tho

7 Likes

I do. They seem poorly thought out in some of their designs. Like how some are literally jabbed into the hands of the characters.

“B-but! What else can we use as garbage to bloat the battle passes!?” - Blizzard execs.

1 Like

100% worthless, just something they add so they can say hey but this bundle comes with a weapon charm that’s why we have to charge more. and the fact that they in game charm costs more than the real life key chain tells you all you need to know.

1 Like

Frfr!! The only thing i found I needed in the bp was Junkrat sipping on a shake!

I dont care for weapon charms, all they do is just jab it in their arm, but all blizzard wants to do is inflate the bp :’)

I don’t even think emotes are, I never use mine. I much would’ve rathered weapon skins.

1 Like

Fair, I just like emotes personally, gives characters personality like VLs lol

What I do not need is more visual noise added to my screen.

I can only really see the ones that are more 3D and not like flat because of how they fall to the side on mercy’s staff. It was hard to see the rainbow or the overwatch logo one because they’re more flat and positioned sideways to my POV. Overall though I think they’re cute and make a lot more sense than souvenirs. I don’t really get the point of those and it’s not worth equipping instead of an emote.

I just keep thing about why Kiriko would jab a needle into her hand to hold a weapon charm in place. I think they’re cute though

Theyre neat to collect but I don’t actually wear mine,

the smaller and less-distracting my weapon model is, the better

I put the pumpkin charm on Reaper and had to remove it because it hung so weirdly and it became distracting. I apparently also put the Kiriko charm on Kiriko when I got it and today, a few days later I noticed it and thus reminded myself I actually put it there, it just wasn’t very visible. They’re pretty useless and their implementations on the weapons (or hands) is awful. Just a rod sticking out. Like come on some effort please.

They are okay – but I don’t think they show up in highlights which makes me wonder when anyone will notice them… in my head, I would have liked it if souvenirs unlocked some extra flare like kill/heal sounds, different colored bullets, headshot confetti, etc

Beyond that, I just think they should add an “attach all” option for charms. Felt cumbersome to add one to each hero and then get a new one you want to update. At best, I gave the healthpack to my supports, donuts to some weirdos and lazily left cybermari on the rest

Souvenirs on the other hand feel like they should be taken back and renamed as “customizable emotes”. Just give the basic pose an orange name and put it on the emote list.

Some of their animations are really cool but the pose at the end is basic. If you could replace some items in emotes like Ana’s Beachball one with a Souvenir then that could be a cool feature. Making a whole separate list of “Souvenirs” instead of just calling them all emotes just makes it too easy to compare them. If they make cool ‘customizable emotes’ and sell them then it feels like they’d do better than selling the souvenirs themselves.

Nah but I do think they are too small.

Also the current ones aren’t particularly interesting.

The irony is that it is still one of the less useless things on the battlepass considering everything else. At least it is visible for most of the time unlike other stuff. But yeah, it is clearly a filler for how forced and clumsy it is implemented on some heroes.

I enjoy the weapon charm penetrating my skin because they put 0 thought behind them besides, “This could make us a lot of money”

I forgot to equip any until a few days ago. Then I equipped them and either A.) Don’t notice or B.) Get annoyed because it just adds to unnecessary visual clutter.

Not worth, imo.

I dont notice what i dont use.
Weapon charms didnt charm me much.

Why notice trash? We all know they threw it in because they were too lazy to put in actual effort.

Some of the cosmetics are perfectly fine. However, I think the charms and the souvenirs should be looked at again. I bought the Kings Payload thing for Reinhardt specifically because I liked the animation, but I don’t feel like I need to buy anymore since they’re all the same.

Its like you said “clumsy implementation”. Good ideas done poorly.