Does anyone actually believe Blizzard cares about LGBT?

They’re changing the game… probably for OW2… we’ll see how that goes. We are never going back to OW1 getting regular updates and balance meant for modes and compositions that will never exist again.
You probably should just resign yourself to that.

In what way is spreading some awareness even by matter of controversy worse than straight up silence?

It’s important to remember that while it’s likely the heads and management are complicit and don’t care, I’m sure there are at least some workers and people pushing these programs within the company who actually care. It’s not an all or nothing thing.

Well yes. but motives aren’t always everything to the result.

Yep.

Blizzard? Prob not any more than any other company as a whole

OW team? Absolutely. I can’t think of any other game with as many well known/liked LGBT characters in lore as Overwatch

What are you talking about?

I couldn’t care one way or the other.
It’s clear hey have used the lgbt groups for their own gain when they couldn’t care less in reality.
What’s your deal?

3 Likes

Not in the way to be desired.
It’s hard to tell if a company is genuine and not just finding ways to increase profits/expand market.

Sure they may put on the Pride Flag but will they immediately take it down at the end of Pride Month? Or how about Nations that ban/persecute Pride Communities? Will they continue to do business with these nations or heavily censor/modify displays of Pride?

To me a company that does nothing all year and suddenly hops on social media to gain clout while their actions state otherwise (in Blizzards case: Bending to the chinese government and censoring Free Hong Kong and the current controversy) tells me they don’t care about anything unless its marketable.

Your inability to answer a simple question. I just want to know precisely what Blizzard has done that you consider tokenization

Andy has already stated the name change was primarily for the OW team itself, not for woke points or damage control, because they wanted to move on and disconnect themselves from the abuse and controversies which they had no part of or connection to besides a hero name

2 Likes

Did you completely miss everything that has happened with the company the past year? You honestly think they care? That’s tokenization to a T

1 Like

Adding a rainbow flag icon? I want specifics.

I don’t think you even understand what you’re arguing.

1 Like

Honestly, if their awareness for normal people will at worst bring resentment to the LGBT community and at best have people not care, why would you want it? Has Blizzard done anything for LGBT awareness to prove that they are worthy of plastering their rainbow Blizzard batch every Overwatch update? It just makes me cringe seeing how hard they are trying and doing no actions at all, and I feel like most people can agree with that. How does this positively help the LGBT community? Just because they are saying ‘hey guys, LGBT community exists.’ They can’t even keep their female employees happy, I cant imagine how they treat trans employees.

No, you just accuse Blizzard of tokenization but don’t know or refuse to say how

1 Like

Oh ok I’m stupid now. Very cool.

Go complain elsewhere I’m done with whatever nonsense you’re on about.

Yeah, I ask for one thing to back up what you claim and 35 posts later you’re still dancing around it. It’s not that hard.

Well, i know that there are ton of lgtb people worrking on blizzard but there are more factors to have lgtb characters on games.

Who puts the money?
What country will ban that game if they put lgtb characters? Etc

There are still old men that forces some videogame companies to change the protagonist to plain men because they dont want women to be the protagonists ( this hapened to life is strange for example)

You don’t even know what your asking so how could I answer???

1 Like

I asked you for an example of Blizzards tokenization of the LGBT. Point blank. It’s not that hard

Have you been living under a rock? After all the garbage tha has been unearthed from the company? Let’s see… soldier was retconned to be gay, tracer was announced to be lesbian similarly. After everything the company has claimed they are and yet proven to be in reality, you honestly think they didn’t do this for anything but pandering and tokenism?

It’s an insult to the lgbt community. How you don’t see that is beyond me. They’ve been used.

4 Likes

It was literally just him talking about an old relationship. Jesus, people are acting like it was Blizzard holding up a sign saying “soldier r gay now!!!” on twitter.

It was literally done in the same way anyone would talk about a past relationship. The relationship just happened to not be straight.

This talking point actually tilts me so much.

4 Likes

I didn’t know Soldier was seen on camera kissing 76 different women.

Tracer is a really weird one to get upset about. Yeah her reveal wasn’t anything special but that was kinda the point.

Conflating the company with individual writers and people that work on the project is wrong. Especially since most of the problems at Blizzard stemmed from the WoW team and not OW. It’s perfectly reasonable to believe that horrible people worked at Blizzard but the writers that made Soldier gay did it out of their own interest.

2 Likes

“Companies” don’t care about anything ewcept making money. That’s their entire purpose.

People that work at companies care about a variety of things. Some of them care about LGBT people, some of them care about women in the workplace, some of them care about getting drunk at work at 12pm and stealing breast milk from the fridge.

If a company doesn’t want its’ image tarnished by a particular group of individuals, it should stop employing them and amplify the voices of those that it does agree with.

But at the end of the day, it does so with the goal of making money. Because that’s what a company does.