Do you remember Kaplan saying 'at least 1 hero before OW2'?

This would mean double barrier will shut down any deathball composition hard, but dive composition would be practically throwing. gimmicks have clear weaknesses, which is what makes them a gimmick. and dive compositions are the perfect solution due to mobility.

I have tangent question for you Greyfalcon.

Do you think, in the current meta, double shield functions more deathball or bunker?

I’m pretty sure Kaplan said Echo was the last hero before OW2 in an interview ““We know how much people love new heroes. We’re making new heroes for Overwatch 2. There is development happening, but we don’t want people’s expectations in the wrong place ⁠— for now, we will not be getting another Overwatch hero,” Blizzard’s vice president confirmed. "

Renaud Galand (a lead character artist) said “the dev team “wanted to release another hero before OW2,” but now it looks like it “probably won’t happen.””

From what I understand they want to push out the sequel as soon as possible and making a new hero would delay it. But who knows maybe they’ll give another hero regardless who knows.

It would be cool to get a new hero out of the blue, but the only way I see this happening is if something severely delays OW2. Echo was launched only 3 months ago and even at the original pace of 3 heroes/year it would still be 1 month faster than that. The recent pace put Echo at released 8 months after Sigma.

they’ll only do it if OW2 is delayed more than they expect, because it’s content that could have gone into OW2

like Ruby Sanctum in WOLTK… they’ll only do it if they really have to

seems like longer because of covid.

sigh…

i guess it’ll never happen.

Do you want another brig/sigma? When they were released they were broken and broke the game, then they were nerfed to the ground and the were forgotten