Do you play mostly ranked or quick Play?

And why?

For me it’s competitive all the way because I like things to be measured in some way. Even if the measurement isn’t really that accurate. I also like that other players take it seriously. People try more and try to coordinate. That makes it more satisfying when you crush them.

Plus having something at stake (SR).

Most comp games are fun because people play smarter, tend to care more and cooperate.

These days… Free for all Deathmatch.

1 Like

When I one tricked bastion and doomfist, I only played comp, but this season I wanted to learn a meta hero like hanzo, and wanted to get good at him before risking my rank in comp. Nowadays you are not allowed to try a new hero without being false reported for throwing, so it’s better to practice in quick play first before risking your sr. Otherwise comp all the way

Limited or Mystery Duel if available.

Comp if not.

QP and Arcade (FFA & PvE) exclusively. I don’t want to waste my time on koth maps, but I also don’t want to throw other people’s games so I don’t play ranked and stay on QP where I can instaleave whenever a koth map comes up.

Well it’s Competitive for me but once an event with PVE comes out I’m all over it till the end.

DoNt yoU geT boREd?
Yes VERY VERY quickly but if I have my chance to avoid getting flammed or just to avoid general toxicity and avoid trying for even a couple of weeks I’m going to do it.

I love this game but not the toxic people that come with it and Archives Anniversary and Halloween are like my replenish bar.

Once my border is diamond 6 stars 69 then I’m done playing Competitive I’ll probably play archives and customs completely

I’m at 43 5 stars

Quickplay. My reason is because it’s a more relaxed setting and I’m pretty much done playing comp.

1 Like

QP. I get lots of good matches and have a completely opposite experience of what some people report on this forum. I tried comp a while ago and my ears almost burst from the inane screaming and blame yelling. I had zero interest in grinding through that to end up with what I already had, good matches.

Whatever my friends are all wanting to play at the moment, I don’t really care either way and I’m not sure what I’ve played more of across my accounts over the past year… Some of them only ever want to play open queue ranked, some of them only want to play quickplay

personally I prefer qp because lately my isp has been…somewhat unreliable :weary:

im practicing in QP while i find a good partner for comp, when ever i try to solo que i always hate it

QP. Comp is just stressing and it’s littered with so many fundamental issues that since the games actually matter, it ruins the fun of playing it. In QP you can still play properly for a win, but since it’s on a completely another dimension of forgiveness it’s way more relaxed to play even when you tryhard. That alone makes it a more fun to play gamemode

4 Likes

I don´t play comp, but I would love to…yet I can´t deal with that level of toxicity

I play Vs AI.

I’m old, tired, and blind. I just wanna go pew pew with some fun weapons and not have some sweaty kid breathing down my neck. Strangely people seem to take QP seriously, so AI it is.

1 Like

I used to play comp a lot but nowadays I just play QP or custom games.

I really don’t have time to play a round of comp, so QP or custom games are my go-to.

Last time I played quick play seriously was like 2 years ago and that was just to warm up for comp lol, now i dont even warm up anymore

1 Like

Solo almost exclusively QP.
Some of my friends prefer competitive though, so I play with them from time to time.

Other than that, if I want competitive experience I play scrims with premade team.

alt accounts exist for that reason except dont join voice because you WILL get flamed

I haven’t launched QP in years. I’ve played a lot of QP Classic during that year when competitive was offline.

1 Like

QP. I simply don’t have the time to grind for a particular rank. I do placements sometimes, but that’s about it as far as comp.

I also play with a regular group of friends, and I’m not certain we’d be able to group for comp anymore.

Quick Play.

Partly because my internet is too unstable to risk playing Ranked. But…even if I did have good internet, I probably still wouldn’t play it as I found it too stressful. I don’t like relying on possibly incompetent strangers, and all I wanted to do was hit Diamond anyway. I did that, and I also have all the golden guns I wanted.