Do you agree with stylosa?

…ikr? I’m so tired of people posting videos without breaking down the talking points of the video and without the courtesy of adding a tl;dr… :thinking:

It’s the usual. Supports getting farmed by Flankers, and most ELOs they aren’t getting much Peels. They are now Kill-Target-#1 for the enemy team in 5v5. They are also missing out on the killhungry stuff, and often feel like if their team sucks, then they basically can’t do much about it.

1 Like

…ahhh thank you.

I mean, supports arguably had the biggest adjustment to be made for the 5v5 environment but I don’t believe it’s a ‘problem’ per se, just that support players need to do a little more DM practice and get used to the more brawly style of game… :upside_down_face:

I mean, I do. Just like with OW1 Tanks, it wasn’t so much a Balance problem, as a Popularity problem.

Incidentally, Mercy is the most problematic Support in OW2, from a Popularity perspective, and I just posted this:

[OW2] Fixing Mercy Popularity through Tweaks

1 Like

…ehhhh, you’re comparing apples and oranges… :wink:

No-one wanted to tank because it was boring, people don’t want to play support because, arguably, a lot of OW1 support-main vets are clinging to OW1-style heal-botting type habits that simply don’t fly in OW2.

One problem was on the devs to fix (tanks), supports adapting to the OW2 change of pace & doing a bit of DM practice is totally on them… :wink:

Seems like the same issue to me.

“Don’t wanna play because boring”.

Or more specifically

• Gotta be the main person to deal with incoming chip damage
  • Heavily reliant on your team to stick with you, and cater to your throughout the match
  • Synergy with a random internet stranger is important, and determines how much fun you can have.

I remember he put a lot of emphasis on supports needing to stay alive, whilst also fending off flankers and dealing with lack of peels.

He’s right, I would say. Does it really compromise my fun? Yes, and no. It depends on what support I’m playing. I’m not good at “dueling” so I gravitate towards supports with mobility/verticality.

But if I try to play a more stationary support, then I do feel like a free kill oftentimes. I’m just learning to accept the game for what it is, and trying to adapt accordingly.

I’m still playing Mercy religiously, so I wouldn’t say my experience is terrible :man_shrugging:t5:

yea, one of the more broken things about them is that they all just passively regen health now making them easier to play.

i can say this because i have like 200 hours on lucio, 100 mercy and 100 on ana. ana is 1000x easier now and so is bap, making those characters choose not to heal themselves, making them use their ability is gone (unless the flanker is about to kill them).

One thing I disagree with is that Support has really changed.

A good player has always needed to do a mixture of everything. Doing damage. Keep team up. Duel people trying to kill you. Especially in lower ranks you always had to look out for yourself, so I call a bit of BS in that this has ever changed from OW1.

Hardest role to carry. Yes, support has never changed from OW1 because you have two flippin tanks in your face you can’t kill. If you can DPS you can annihilate half the enemy team yourself because there are supports with damage and not a massive 400+ hp behemoth making your TTK impossible.

Dealing with flankers section. NOTHING has changed from OW1. Supports have ALWAYS been one of the most valuable things to kill first and why we even had the introduction of Brigitte and Moira in the first place. To give more anti-flank options.

The only thing I agree with is that healing value has depleted because having two tanks were massive dmg sponges needing much attention. Along with being the only units in the game to soak up high damage abuse. With burst from multiple target annihilating 200/250hp heroes quickly you can’t heal through that as well. Therefore, you need to help contribute more of that damage to help secure a kill.

Or maybe it’s a “you” problem… ? He speaks perfectly fine and it’s easy to understand him unless YOU have an issue understanding specific accents (but it’s something you can learn if you take the time).

That being said, your comment about ADHD is pretty ableist and I personally find it off-putting. Question yourself before judging others.

You clearly didn’t watch the video.

Queue times don’t lie. Even as far back as 1-3-2 everyone knew that a 1 tank situation hurt support the most.

2 Likes

In my eyes, it’s not so much a support problem, yet a “one-tank only” problem that challenges the entire game’s concept since Role Queue was forced in 2019.

Depending on what hero the tank player picks and how he plays them, it can have a very negative impact on the other 2 roles, especially supports.

Many tanks were conceived in terms of duo-tank synergy and can’t work alone efficiently despite the mild rework their received. The “brawler” role could have been an interesting idea as a new role in a 6v6 setup but instead they just replaced the former tank role without giving the two other roles compensation (or plain reworks) so they can synergize well with the solo tank-brawler.

I personally didn’t have any issue retrieving my OW1 rank but I gotta admit that most games I lose is because of the solo tank that indirectly throws games. Many tank players are simply lost on their role and haven’t adapted yet. I guess it will take time.

It’s gonna be more frustating for people in lower ranks though. Casual players are always the ones whose experience is going to get damaged, whenever devs come up with an idea they didn’t fully work on.

Support problems? What problems do they have?

All the title and picture tells me is that they are “overpowered”

is it a click bait video?

Because he just happens to name it that and put Lucio, Kiriko and Moira on the preview lol

Inappropriate much?

I think Stylosa is a fantastic content creator. He has a real passion for the game of Overwatch but he’s also not afraid to call devs out on bs like the battle pass.

I don’t know why but there’s a lot of unwarranted Stylosa hate out there. As well as the post you quoted, look at the previous post I quoted for another example of that.

Like I said before, I think he’s a fantastic content creator.

No, Stylosa doesn’t make click bait videos.

1 Like

This is my experience too.
Btw the devs released metrics where they broke down support deaths by rank, and higher ranks are indeed more deadly for them. And a month into launch, it actually kind of feels as if down here in ~gold as well my enemies are also learning more and more to shoot the damn medic.

My sarcasm senses are tingling…