Do we just hate everything now?

Wrecking Ball, Summer Games, Shooting Star, the new map…

It seems like everything new is getting a ton of hate here. I don’t really get it.

At worst, we have the Summer Games, I think, and it’s not even that bad because we got some great new skins! I don’t know, I think the forums could use a little positivity.

25 Likes

You must be new here

28 Likes

Shiny cosmetics aren’t hypnotizing people as much anymore.

A lot of people want to hear what they’re doing about balancing the game, roster and what NEW content is being brought to events

20 Likes

sorry dude, same old content over and over can only do so much…
weird thing is i would PAY for real content… but they are just trying to sell overpriced skins very few actually care for…
no sir…

9 Likes

A lot of people love him, he’s really fun. Haven’t seen much hate towards Miley.

I don’t even think this is the issue. Wrecking Ball was really new and innovative, but he got so much hate.

When he first came out I saw a toooon of posts asking for them to delete the ham. Apparently he was too cute or cartoonish, I don’t really know? I love him lol

The only positive thing that came out this Summer for this game is Reinhardt’s Karaoke interaction in Busan.

I do love Hammond though.

2 Likes

Hmmm. Isn’t this the second (third?) year in a row that we got the Summer games exclusively focused on Lucio ball? I think people have a right to atleast want something different…

4 Likes

Totally! I think that’s why I consider it the worst of the things I’ve listed. It’s just weird that the good things are never highlighted, or at least I don’t really ever see posts about them.

1 Like

I mean I’m not going to pretend I like everything to save face.
The short was disappointing but I don’t dislike it.
I like Hammond too.
I like the summer games sports skins.
There is nuance.

Every change and every new addition will come along with both positivity and negativity. The thing is, people are less willing to praise something than to critisise it, and that’s how it’s always worked, not only here on the forums.

Also, I think that the word “hate” is really overused here as well. Some people simply give constructive critisism, some show their disappointment in mild words, some present the ideas for changes to the things they don’t necessarily enjoy, some ask non-offensive questions. Some show outright dislike, but “hate”? It’s reserved for the vast minority, it’s such a strong word.

Hammond was good, Summer games was bad, Shooting Stars was good but somewhat disappointing.

3 Likes

we live in an angry, hateful society

The #1 thing people want: Lore
The #1 thing we have the least of: Lore

The game balance will always be shifting but were as clueless as we were were two years ago pretty much. Everything is set int he past, the new cinematic is set in the current age at least but it really didnt do much to expand on dva and it just showed us another “maybe” character.

The seires has so much potential and it all seems to be going to waste and the years go by

2 Likes

Yes, and that’s how the game’s going down…

Positivity? On the forums? That’s impossible. We have to complain about everything.

1 Like

I think a lot of people are more interested in seeing balance changes and bug fixes at this point. But Blizzard has paid relatively little attention to those.

Hammond (nope, not calling him Wrecking Ball) has no personality and is so hard to use that you’ll probably throw regularly, but the concept is good, unique and fun to play.

The Summer Games 2018 recycle Lucioball yet again, introduced a ridiculously low amount of non-icon cosmetics, and the sport skins are pretty mediocre, but at least Ana’s skin is god tier.

Shooting Star is lazy, plain and simple. I actually felt like I was looking at a blank screen for 7 minutes.

Busan… I have yet to find something bad to say about it. It’s gorgeous, the three parts are very unique, and there’s even a dance minigame in one of the spawnrooms ! I think most of the hate comes from people who just hold a grudge against KOTH maps in general.

2 Likes

Constructive Criticism = Hate

Understandable, have a nice day.

2 Likes

Fake positivity for the sake of positivity is bad and leads to bad feedback as you leave out the areas in which they need to improve or where we felt the fell short abit.

as far as cinematics go the new one is good but as far as new lore in cinematics we already had a huge chunk of the info that was present in it except now we have bait for a possible new hero.

its just kinda disappointing.

3 Likes