Do the developers answer topics?

This is in regards to the ‘Experimental Mode’
I’d like to provide feedback, however I don’t know if what I have to offer is adequate.

In the patch notes it says you’re hoping to get feedback regarding some balance updates. In past updates, reasons were specified for any changes made to heroes. However, in the Experimental Mode reasons aren’t specified for the changes made to heroes. I’d like to provide feedback, but I’d also like to know a little bit more about why the heroes received the changes they do.

I would just like to understand some of the balance changes better, if that makes sense. I don’t want to jump to conclusions or provide irrelevant feedback

6 Likes

Once in a blue moon.

4 Likes

pppsssst

the devs don’t care what their players think

3 Likes

They reply sometimes, but very rarely. It’s not often they comment on balance changes and only reply to topics concerning big changes in the game (such as 1-3-2 and role queue).

4 Likes

They only ever start posting a little before and after a major change comes. Other than that it’s pretty rare.

They don’t post here because people derail topics fast when they do.

Pretty much ^^^. Jeff’s well explained multi-paragraph responses to some threads usually get drowned out by dumb unrelated questions from people throwing fits their main or the hero they hate aren’t getting more attention.

1 Like

Rarely. Jeff does seem to reply to at least a few topics whenever he does, though.

They’ll read this. They don’t respond very often but I promise they see the feedback. It seems to me like they don’t want to flat-out lay out a plan for these experimental modes when it’s just balances changes on the line. That could taint the experiment in a way if people think they’re supposed to be doing something specific rather than just finding their own way. I think the devs just want to see what happens and what we make of the changes.

It’s sometimes problematic when the devs share too much. For example, there have been approximately 97,000 threads in the last few weeks/months about Mercy that cite one off-hand remark made by a dev in a post related to a change made to Mercy over a year ago. The dev post described Mercy’s originally intended play style design and now some people have taken that as gospel without allowing for the game to naturally evolve. It’s splintered people into factions even, all because of one thing the devs wanted to share. After seeing that, I think they definitely want to be more careful about when and how the engage us, ha. I don’t blame them.

1 Like

Hardly in this franchise, but other franchises that has a better reputation yes they do.

1 Like

They don’t care what we think. They don’t care about all of the brokenness of the game that we beg them to fix.

Only when necessary I guess.

This forum is the official feedback mechanism. If you go through support to leave feedback, you are directed here. And there is no satisfaction that anyone even read your feedback here.

here’s the post asking for feedback yet you cannot reply there I don’t understand what they mean by give feedback they don’t read general discussion. Overwatch Retail Patch Notes – April 1, 2020

Once in a blood moon.
Upon the sacrifice of an innocent soul to the powers that be, and only after the steps are followed carefully and the bells that signal a living thing being taken from this world toll their final deafening sound.

Only then, is there a chance.

1 Like

And even then it might just be to a “thanks developers” post

maybe if we say pspspspsps they’ll come here