Do people NOT know what "significant" means? (Sombra)

Here is what Jeff Kaplan said in his reply about Sombra:

So many people are freaking out over Jeff Kaplan saying the Sombra changes that they’re working on are “significant” and somehow that means she might potentially be re-worked or changed drastically?

Okay, let me show you the definition of significant:

sufficiently great or important to be worthy of attention; noteworthy.

How in any way does this mean Sombra is getting drastic changes/potentially re-worked?

If anything by “significant” he most likely meant:

• Fixing her major hero-breaking Bugs.
  • Buffing weak abilities like Hack/Stealth.
  • Tweaking some of the drawbacks that nearly all of her abilities have.

One of Sombra’s main problems besides her Bugs is her lack of damage, maybe hacked enemies take more damage from Sombra, Hack and Stealth can be super risky to use at times and can be easily shutdown, maybe Hack/Stealth will have a Damage Threshold, or maybe Stealth is having the in/out Delay shortened, Translocator can also have some changes, maybe the Projectile-Speed is increased and Translocating will also fully reload her weapon.

ALL of those changes are significant and you wouldn’t even need them all! None of that correlates to an entire rework, and if it was a rework we would definitely not be getting the changes in July, that’s way too soon and we’d definitely have some details on the changes.

So please, chill out, and just be patient, and stop panicking, I’m sure that by now, with Sombra; they know what she needs and I think it’ll be fine.

3 Likes

Hack is already her alternate fire, also, adding yet another ability to sombra big kit that you have to use effectively would finally set her in place as the hardest hero in the game, while I would like that I don’t see blizz doing it.
Also, people believe the changes will be big because they don’t say “significant” unless they mean something big, telling people to be patient is irrelevant.
They’ve had over a YEAR AND HALF since release and she’s been on the exact same place at the bottom forever, even after constant tuning and when they do take a step forward with her they take 2 steps back.

People have a million reasons to be worried, blizz track record with sombra has been abysmal and their recent track record has been just as bad, if not worse.

Ya see, this thread goes out to someone like you, you’re panicking over the word “significant”, at this point they know what Sombra needs, the only thing people could possibly have to worry about is new bugs, nothing more.

I said be patient because people are demanding more responses out of the Devs for the Sombra changes because they’re so scared, I wasn’t saying be patient because ‘it’s not like Sombra players haven’t waited a long time’ or something.

The changes are so extreme that they’re planning to test Sombra on the PTR like other characters.

2 Likes

Took you nearly 4 minutes to reply w/ this?

Of course, you can only test buffs on PTR, not nerfs.

Also, I’m reasonably certain we’ll see numeric adjustments and nothing absurd like fan the bow or Symmetra’s new murder beam.

1 Like

I don’t understand what that’s supposed to mean. 4 minutes from what benchmark? Your previous post? Why does that even matter?

I am not panicking, I welcome changes, even if they’re major, I play sombra because I like her character, I like her being a walking gits homage and it happened to land right in my alley of a stealth character.
You’re asking the majority to trust blizz when their track record has been terrible and you’re having an aggressive holier-than-thou attitude over this for no real reason, it’s not hard to grasp, people are worried that blizz messes up their hero yet again, a hero they love.

well the main issue is “significant changes” lead to “significant other changes to compensate the initial significant changes”. That’s what makes me worry. If those changes end up being too much, people are going to cry all over the forums, and 2 days later we’re gonna get some disproportionate nerf that will bring sombra back to oblivion.

It won’t be that bad. Back in April, there was an article that was about Doomfist and Sombra. Jeff said that he wants to buff them but he doesn’t want those buffs to make them unfun to play against.

Doomfist has gotten 2 buffs and they don’t make him unfun to play against. For Sombra, her buffs will help her and might make her feel less unfun to play against.

Sombra is designed to disrupt the enemy team, so she’ll always be unfun to play against, especially if you’re a good Sombra. Anything that will make her pickrate rise will automatically gather more crybabies and their “SHE’S SO UNFUN TO PLAY AGAINST NERF RN”, even if she’s not actually picked that much, just like we’ve seen a couple months ago