Do people actually want Bastion viable?

Tighter spread would reward tracking, if people are really concerned about being sniped by the minigun, the fall off can be adjusted… or you can take cover and have a barrier hero give you a chance to move across Bastion’s sight range.

Well for me its every second game (or at least it feels like it). People usually don’t pick him if there is no shield.

He is almost never picked in KoH maps though.

Even with those stats, the fact is if you (somehow) get caught in line of fire from bastion you’ll probably die quicker than you can react if you are 250 and below.

I don’t think there is a character in the game that can sit at the 20-30 range and kill bastion in a head on fire fight before they die.

Those numbers look bad but in play they really aren’t, the problem really is being immobilized and focus fired or trying to get to cover out of sentry mode.

Its not just the time it takes to switch its the time it to move and all that.

I’ll put it like this, any time he transforms to recon mode its like getting hit with a mc cree flash bang in the heat of battle because your for all purposes “stunned” and any time he goes into sentry mode its like being shield bashed by Brig… that’s usually not an issue however since its not really in battle or danger when you are doing that.

Either speed that up, to like a 0.1 and or give him increased moved speed for the 1.5 seconds or so coming out of sentry mode.

They could even take away the 0.5 delay on his heal and that would help.

Rewarding… teamplay!
On a team based shooter!

Mobility is key.
Bastion gives up all his mobility for higher firepower. That’s the point.

There’s

Discussing the exact thing

Which he gets in sentry mode as well as more defense.

He just needs to be able to get around better when the situation calls for it. That is his biggest issue his damage and kill abilities are fine. Him being able to retreat or escape or stay alive after giving up that mobility could use some looking into imo.

1 Like

That’s completely false… Many heroes, especially small ones can easily outdamage Bastion, especially when adad spamming. And it’s not a very likely scenario either, most people just corner peek a Bastion, making it literally impossible for the Bastion to ever win.

In play, they’re even worse… You won’t have your crosshair dead center on the target 100% of the time (Or if you do, you won’t be in the game very long). And the targets are usually much smaller than the training bots. Mei might be an exception (as well as Bastion and tanks obviously), I think she’s roughly the same size as them.

That part we can agree on. That, and repairing while reloading would go a pretty far way into making him viable… I would still want a spread revert, but his repair could also use some work. His first repair buff was pretty massive, but this one just puts it that little bit further towards being nearly perfect.

1 Like

I think that he’s just incredibly difficult to balance due to the direction the game has gone. All the barriers, additional healing, and CC that have been added to the game since launch really complicate his balancing.

That said I’m not at all opposed to him being viable, as long as his balancing doesn’t just end up encouraging every team comp to devolve into “Protect the bastion” like it did when he was first reworked.

2 Likes

Definitely. I hate those comps. I don’t want my team to basically not play just because I want to play Bastion… It’s not fun for the Bastion, it’s not fun for his team, and it’s not very fun to attack… If he could get more independence while at the same time reducing the effectiveness of those strats, that would be ideal.

1 Like

I agree with this also, maybe they could give him two types of turrets one for shields that does increased heavy damage on shields and pierces it but does heavily reduced damage to health. A laser, something like moria’s ult but that does much less damage and does increased damage to shields.

This would make bastion a true shield buster that would have to juggle uses his turrets to destroy shields and do damage.

This would also make him strong against any character that uses shield as armor also.

1 Like

I don’t really have a good name for it, but I have something similar to what I think you’re describing…

PTSD Rework (Pretend it has a good name)
  • PTSD Mode (E Ability)
    • Functions similarly to Lucio’s crossfade
    • Swaps between 2 modes
    • Red mode is for more damage, less accuracy
    • Blue mode is for less damage, more accuracy, higher potential DPS
    • Only available in Sentry mode
  • Configuration Sentry (Red mode)
    • Damage increased to 16
    • Ironclad reduced to 15% damage reduction
  • Configuration Sentry (Blue mode)
    • Headshots added
    • Bloom added to weapon
      • Initial accuracy of 1.25°, bloom starts after 0.3 seconds of continuous fire
      • Reaches a maximum of 2° after 0.3 seconds of additional continuous fire
    • Damage reduced to 13
    • Rate of fire decreased to 25
  • Self-repair
    • No longer consumes resources when it cannot heal Bastion
    • Starts healing instantly instead of having an 0.5 second delay
    • Able to reload while repairing
  • Configuration Tank
    • No self damage
    • Tread sounds reduced slightly
    • Base Ironclad increased to 35%
    • Ironclad applied immediately instead of after transformation

It gives him 2 “modes” for Sentry (basically The Last Bastion’s red and blue eye modes). Red is basically what Sentry is now, and Blue does less damage, but better accuracy…

1 Like

I might be biased for Tank on E, now.
Although it looks… Ok ? I think everyone would use blue tho

Situational viability would be nice if they could raise it above 5-6%.

Blue is significantly worse at barrier busting. It does 325 DPS to barriers, while Red does 480 to barriers.

he shouldnt have made it out of alpha testing.

1 Like

I speak a different lenguage;my main lenguage isnt english my friend

You should consider that :wink:

Calling me stupid for the absense of apostrophe is weak

1 Like

Thats an opinion,

People enjoy a hero you dont like, crazy right? Your not the center of the universe

People enjoy the hero,just like you enjoy yours,

1 Like

Pharah shouldn’t have made it out of brainstorming.

Did that proove a point, somehow ?

1 Like

Bastion is in the same boat as Sombra, Mei, Doomfist, etc. The problem with a lot of current “trash tier” heroes is that there is a very fine line between trash and OP (or at least feeling that way) due to how oppressive the can just naturally be.

I’d love for them all to be viable, but if I honestly am forced to choose, I’d rather them be in “rough spots that are hard to be successful with” instead of just being able to CC anyone that tries to go against them.

1 Like