Do PC players know there were already controller players?

On PC? I’ve been playing on PC with my controller for years now. I’ve exclusively played in comp with a controller and obviously, I play at a rank where my skills on a controller are equivalent to those that use KB&M.

Furthermore, my SR on console vs PC isn’t that much of a difference. So what’s the issue are PC players having?

28 Likes

No one has a problem with controllers. The issue comes with people on console using keyboard and mouse with aim assist. They don’t want that so they disable aim assist. It’s an unfortunate thing to do but it’s probably right.

15 Likes

The thing is, the number of ppl playing with a controller on PC is insignificant due to how much more of advantage K&M gives.

23 Likes

Not really, KB&M only gives “significant” advantages when play DPS or aim-based heroes.

Rein, Winston, D.Va, Mercy, Lucio, Brig, Moira, etc etc, for many heroes it doesn’t matter that much. PC players exaggerate the difference, speaking as both a PC and console player.

13 Likes

There is no guarantee what ppl you will get. Someone may feel confident playing genji with a controller even if they are actually bad at him on console and even performing worse on PC.

2 Likes

Be honest, that % would not remain as low as actually with crossplay. Adding a crossplay with no rules in this way, like they did with all other stuff as smurfs, premade queue, etc. will only advantage premades against the solo queuers, that has to being moved after some loses in some handicapped matches.

Good job blizz

1 Like

They need to add aim assist to non competitive playlists. For PC controller players and console players. Even though I’m never going to use it, I want to be able to play with them

I do know that, and they usually aren’t very good or are playing heroes like rein, torb, and mercy to avoid needing to aim.

I think there’s a top 500 rein player who uses controller.

2 Likes

Well, console players hate this too, not only pc players. It is like cheating.
And Blizzard don’t care about it

2 Likes

Im pretty confident, outside of a few outliers due to bad MM (so they should be higher), u wouldnt really see that much difference in majority of the heroes, no matter if they play with joypad or mouse till at least, skilled aim kicks in on PC which is a good chunk of advantage for us PC players. I still think a joypad player can keep up till masters on certain heroes if he has knowledge, luck, coordination and good callouts.

After master … i really cant tell if the gap wouldnt be to big.

But all this theorycrafting is ONLY relevant for COMP, which is not even topic here. Its purely arcade and Quickplay, and in all honesty, who cares if your teammate misses his shots on Widow with joypad or with a mouse…

Let’s see you 180 block a shatter and then spin 180 to block the bomb on the other side in half a second. Just movement in general is trash with a controller. Whenever I watch a “highlight” or ow clip, I can always tell right away if it’s pc of console based on the movement. And btw, if you are using a controller on PC then you aren’t playing on PC

9 Likes

The only difference will be when people are trying to flame they’ll accuse you of being on console. That’s it.

You already get people who can’t aim, you already get people using controllers, it makes no difference. Maybe on like Ashe and Widow you’ll be able to tell, or a switch player with gyro but that’s it.

1 Like

It will likely even out based on team comps. Mouse is superior for aim, but controller is superior for movement.

1 Like

people have been saying this for years and years and yet not only do i perform better with a controller i have more fun with one

in all my years as a gamer i’ve yet to see this advantage everyone keeps mentioning

3 Likes

There are already a mix bag of players on PC with varying skill level. I seem to get the impression some people believe console players are even worse than the worst players on PC.

1 Like

I think you’re a little bit bias in your statement
A joystick for aiming is like a mouse but with vastly restricted movement, itd be like putting a circle around your mouse and only being allowed to move your mouse in that circle
Controllers aren’t meant for FPS games
Just like how MnK isn’t meant for racing games, most PC players who are keen on racing games tend to use a controller

1 Like

Yes. And I’ve been melting them just as much because of their consoles hardware limitations.

KBM gives advantages but it’s irrelevant because of how ranking works. If you can get to a rank with whatever tools you use, then you are that rank. The only problem is they aren’t allowing crossplay for competitive.

K&M is objectively gives more advantage because of speed and precision even if you are better with a controller.

4 Likes