Discord - Making it weaker without making Zen an easy kill

Current build:

Primary fire = 46hp per shot
Discord = 30% increase on all damage
Discord + primary = 59.8hp per shot
Discord + primary + McCree primary = 150.8hp (91+59.8)

Suggested build

Primary fire = 50hp per shot
Discord = 20% increase on all damage
Discord + primary = 60hp per shot (up 0.2hp)
Discord + primary + McCree primary = 144hp (84+60) (down 6.8hp)

The suggested build would make Zen marginally better in a straight 1v1, but the focus fire from his team that Discord creates would be a lot weaker. In turn, this would possibly take him out of his current mustpick status, and all without butchering him.

People these days really like calling every hero must pick without any reason.

1 Like

zen is one of the last people to need changes now

1 Like

He’s literally been top 6 most played in GM for about a year, and has the highest pickrate in OWL this stage, with a single team winrate only bettered by heroes with under 10 minutes total in the stage. He’s mustpick.

zen is only the 4th most picked healer, with his pickrate being near half the third most picked healer, i don’t think he needs a nerf RN.

You really should learn what a must pick means. It’s when a hero is so powerful that if one of the teams doesn’t have it, they lose.
And Zen is far from that.

1 Like

You’re looking at overall, not Diamond and up.

i think it should be 49 dmg so that he cant 2 shot without discord

nerfing his discord by 10% would only satisfy a minority, but would make him bad in most other ranks.

Overall this week he is 8th most picked hero.
In diamond he is 5th, in masters 4th and in GM 3rd. Also except GM his winrate is avarage and not higher than others. Even GM it’s not that special, some other heroes have higher winrate than him.

Zen is fine. The problem is that the recent metas have pushed for more damage and res over more mobility, as with the Mercy rework res became a tempo res handed every 30 seconds so it was no longer viable to run Zen/Lucio at the top levels. Reason being is that the first pick gets negated by res and the fight becomes more drawn out where the weaker healing of a Zen/Lucio cannot keep up.

If Mercy had never been changed it would have been Zen/Lucio throughout all of dive. With the new meta it would have shifted to being Ana/Lucio or Moira/Lucio as deathball benefits more from the Lucio mobility boost then the damage boost of zen.

1 Like

Those are your words, yes? His current single team winrate (when one team picks him but the other doesn’t) across the entire OWL season is currently at 57.83%

Remember that, Zen for the whole season = 57.83%
Mrs Must Pick herself, Stage 1 Mercy had a STWR of 53.01%.

Zen is must pick.

I am betting that single team being the NYXL, in other words the monster that is Jjonak.

Are we going to balance the entire game by OWL? Then let’s nerf Widow, buff Brig and Moira!
Also when Mercy was a must pick, she was in pretty much every game. So she can’t have very high winrate because every game one Mercy will win and one will lose.

Wouldn’t these changes make him less of a support character though?

You’re misunderstanding. If both teams are playing Zen at the same time, no stats are recorded. If 1 Zen is in play, that Zen’s stats contribute to the STWR. There’s been over 40 hours of single Zen play this season.

And the Zen with the single highest winrate in the entirety of the OWL is NYXL’s Jjonak. Who is a monster who routinely outputs more damage then most of his team and sometimes BOTH teams combined. He also charges trans the fastest.

NYXL is also one of the teams that always includes their zen in the lineup, because Jjonak is too much of a monster to ever have out of the main lineup.

Meaning most of that STWR you pulled up is Jjonak being the monster at zen that he is.

Any amount of that time could be him, it could even be zero. If both teams are playing Zen then all the time that is true is only tracked for overall playtime (now nearing 320 hours) and winrate.

If you had Zen/Mercy v Zen/Lucio for 3 maps, and then Zen/Mercy v Lucio/Moira for the 4th, only that 4th map contributes to the single team stats, all 4 maps contribute to the overall stats.

Out of interest I looked up Jjonak’s stats, and over 32 hours of playtime on Zen he has an insane 73.67% winrate. But that’s just his stats. Anywhere from 32 hours to 1 second could be how much of that is as the lone Zen.

Find me an NYXL match where Jjonak’s Zen is not used. Also find a breakdown of how much time and what teams constitute that 32 hours STWR.

My bet is that it is mostly Jjonak and the NYXL.

any NY match on numbani has jjonak playing ana.

also for every jjonak, there’s a freefeel. such is the life of a 90% pickrate hero.