Disconnection and lost SR

I was playing competetive, and I won 2 games in a row. And i was doing well too. I got a lot of endorsements in both games, the former of which, i got 2 shot callers and 3 good team mates. however for some reason my game closed out when we got to character select on volskaya. i tried to log back in as soon as possible, but when i did, it says i got suspended for 8 minutes, and i lost all the SR in the last 2 games. That is unfair that my hard work was wasted, and possibly got my good reputation smeared. I want my 40 SR back. What’s the point of trying to raise my rankings if i will lose it all back because of a technical issue?

Blizzard has no way of telling why people leave games, so they treat everyone the same. Your SR cannot be awarded back to you. More info here:

but if it is like that, why should anyone even bother trying to raise their SR points when they could just as easily lose ALL of their points over something beyond their control? and if it were just the 20SR from the previous game, thats one thing, but to lose all 40 that i earned from the last game is obscene. what if i won 3 or even 4 games before this happened? would i have lost 80SR? and it’s not like i got disconnected in the middle of the game. It happened during hero select. the 30 seconds where both teams choose characters, not even the 60 seconds for defense to set up (my team was attacking, btw). Unless they come up with ways of verifying that people are falsly flagged as leavers by the system and can reimburst them, there should be no incentive for anyone to want to play competative with a system as broken as this. i even got 5 endorsements in one of those two games, so there has to be some kind of logistical evidence to show that i am not a toxic player that would intentionally leave midgame. there are so many players that could vouch for my gamer ethic, especially on the subject of leavers and throwers

A player can take the time to troubleshoot why they are disconnecting by checking their equipment through tests like WinMTR. Penalties start small for this reason but escalate if you are negligent of your issues.

They won’t. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. In other words, they can’t tell the difference if you unplugged your ethernet cable from your computer or not.

Needless to say, the best thing you can do is keep grinding if your disconnections have stopped. Troubleshoot if they are still ongoing (and we can help with the troubleshooting). Unfortunately, the technical support forum is not the place to discuss policy about the leaver system.