Disconnecting randomly from ranked

I keep getting disconnected from ranked and losing my SR, Endorsement level and getting suspended. I get that getting DC’d might be my fault, but when I reconnect, I cant rejoin the match and I get punished. Can I not loose all my progress please?

I just DC’d from a competitive match as well, right in the final 2 minutes. Tried to rejoin, came back with an error (sorry, don’t remember what it said), now I’m suspended.

I have DC’d one other time since the patch, but I don’t remember the particulars of that DC. Haven’t DC’d from a game in months before the patch.

Disconnections can be caused by many different things, however with some troubleshooting it should be possible to narrow down what is causing the issue. If the basic troubleshooting doesn’t end up helping then we usually recommend running a WinMTR test while playing, which would allow you to look for any packet loss or high latency that could indicate connection problems along the route.

As far as the SR/Endorsement loss and suspensions, that is not something that can be avoided unfortunately. The penalty system sees a crash or disconnect the same way it sees an intentional leave from a match, so the penalty will be applied the same way in all cases. If it were possible for the system to differentiate between a disconnect and intentional leave (and not punish for the disconnect) then people could just pull the plug on their internet when they wanted to leave, to avoid the penalty.

Hopefully this provides some insight.

I am being penalized for non intentional disconnection, im literally frozen in the middle of the game and it crashes me. why should someone be penalized if its out of the players control?