Disconnected randomly

I was in a comp game on lunar but just as the game was about to start I got kicked out and disconnected from the game. No internet issues whatsoever, and when I got back in the game I was suspended and lost points because of that. Any explanations?

Exact same problem here, stable internet connection, no one else is using it, nothing else having issues holding a connection.

Connect to a comp game, and a few seconds after choosing a hero it drops out, I can log back in instantly but I’ve been suspended from comp and lost SR.

There is literally no drop from my end, I have monitoring on my internet connection and have no drop outs or errors.

Issue started with the Retribution event update, never had random drop outs before that, now I seem to get them semi-regularly, and only in Overwatch.

same here… dc’d me 4 times in one comp game…connection stable etc. thankfully i didn’t lose SR but now locked out (not that I would even CONSIDER doing anymore)

yes i also had this problem yes

Happened to me yesterday, (Got SR drop, and 10 min suspension) leaving me completely infuriated. Blizzard has to add in a system of some sort that allows the detection of an intentional leaver, and a disconnect from their game servers.

Unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. You can learn about this policy here:

Remember if you see the message, “Lost Connection to the Server” in the title screen or the message “Failed to Connect to Server” in yellow text in the text chat box, this means there is something that disrupted your connection to the game server and not a problem with the game server itself. There can be a variety of reasons this happens including those that don’t disconnect your computer from the Internet. There is great troubleshooting to start with that can most likely resolve most issues and I encourage you to check them out here:

As always if nothing in that guide works, please reply saying you completed these steps and additional advice can be provided. Good luck!

(^^)v

Same here, had a few games in which I have been kicked into the main menu for no reason. Only on a few unfortunate times though it has been right before the game was about to ending. Hence resulting in a ban by the time I have gotten back.

I’m also having the same issues. Frequent disconnects with the “Lost connection to game server” error since this last patch on 4/17. I’m not aware of any changes on my end (didn’t even restart my computer between before/when it started happening), and I’ve gone through all the connection error troubleshooting - including the advanced steps - and nothing’s worked so far. Game worked totally fine up until this past Tuesday.

Same here. On both EU and US servers.

The thing about these disconnects though, they do not feel like timeouts.
I am playing, without any lags, active to the very last millisecond and then bam I am looking at the login mask.
At some point, according to a friend in the game, a shot that I fired actually got a kill as I was disapearing.

So the connection to the actual gameserver seems fine. Rather I am getting logged out from the game, as if the main game just terminates my session for some reason.

Yeah I’m seeing the exact same thing, there is no visible issue showing that there is a disconnect, everyone is behaving as normal, in the middle of a team fight and suddenly I’m staring at the login screen with no warning.

No way this is a connection issue if that is happening.

There are several threads just like this one, but you don’t see any blue response. This is 100% on their end. They can attempt to argue that it isn’t all day long. This isn’t just a few random people with this issue. I’ve never had these issues prior to the previous few patches. Why are they not responding just to show they give a %^@#

1 Like

I’m having issues since my ps4 got hit by that virus or whatever it was, and I went on comp and twice tonight it just disconnected. I think blizzard needs to take into consideration that we can’t always control why we leave matches