Disconnect problems

so, my Wi-Fi is a bit temperamental. and when I started playing overwatch, it was even worse. I mean like every other comp game, being disconnected. I did whatever I could to fix it, but nothing worked, so I stopped playing competitive since rather than climbing all I did was lose sr, and obviously ruin others’ games.

Ive since moved house, and the connection is MUCH better- but still not perfect. now, ill get disconnected about once or twice a month- and theres a very small chance its in comp. however, the other day, I got disconnected from comp. I got a 10 minute ban, which wasn’t too bad, but I also lost a lot of sr.

a few weeks later, it happened again… I got an hour long ban this time. it wasn’t great, obviously. I lost more sr. so now, wheras I was pretty close to getting to gold, im a lot lower. ive now got an ethernet cable, which makes my game run a lot smoother, and while using it, ive never disconnected from a game. of course, this cant make up for my lost sr.

my point is, disconnects happen. too often obviously deserves the same treatment as purposeful leavers, but for once or twice? really? cant blizzard find some kind of way to tell the difference between disconnects and actual leavers? im sure another game had a system to do this. id be grateful if blizzard could too.

Unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. You can learn about this policy here:

ah ok, I see. its a shame but thank you for sharing it, ill just have to make sure my ethernet cable is always plugged in :sweat_smile: